Olga Tokarczuk Age, Biography, Family, Affairs & More
|Real Name||Olga Tokarczuk|
|Profession||Writer, Essayist, Poet, Screenwriter, Psychologist|
|Famous For||Man Booker International Prize 2018|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Moss Green|
|Date of Birth||29 January 1962|
|Age (as in 2018)||56 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College/University||University of Warsaw|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Psychology|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Nike Award: 2008
• German-Polish International Bridge Prize: 2015
• Man Booker International Prize: 2018
|Controversy||She faced a lot of criticism and even recieved death threats over her remarks on Poland's History. She was attacked by Nowa Ruda Patriots association and asserted her as Anti-Patriotic.|
|Boyfriends, Affairs & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Grzegorz Zegadło (Translator)|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known (Ex-Husband; a Psychologist)|
|Children||Son- Name Not Known (From her Ex-Husband)
Daughter- Name Not Known
|Parents||Father- Not Known (Teacher)
Mother- Not Known (Teacher)
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Olga Tokarczuk
- Does Olga Tokarczuk smoke?: Not Known
- Does Olga Tokarczuk drink ?: Not Known
- Since her childhood, she had a keen interest in writing.
- Her parents were both teachers who had decorated her house with books. It was a breeding place for a future author.
- She used to write poems in her teens.
- She studied Psychology in her graduation and was trained as a psychologist at the University of Warsaw.
- She had a keen interest in abnormal psychology.
- During her studies, she volunteered in an asylum for adolescents suffering from behavioural problems.
- After completing her studies, she began practising as a therapist.
- She married a psychologist and had a son with him.
- She felt miserable after working five years in the hospital, so she decided to quit her job and publish her literary works.
- Her debut novel “The Journey of the Book-People” was an instant hit.
- She won The Nike Book Award in 2008 where she was unanimously selected by the judges.
- She is the member of ‘The Greens’ (a Political Party in Poland).
- She has been a subject to death threats in Poland after in an interview she said that Poland has committed “horrendous acts” of colonisation in its history.
- She won the 2018 Man Booker International Prize for her novel ‘Flights’. She shared this prize with Jennifer Croft, who translated the book into English. They both received £25,000 each as the prize money.