|Full name||Aniket Ujjwal Singh LinkedIn- Aniket Ujjwal Nikam|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.6 m
in feet & inches- 5’5”
|Date of Birth||18 June|
|School||St Joseph’s Convent Senior Secondary School, Jalgaon|
|College/University||New York University School of Law, Washington Square, New York|
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn- Aniket Ujjwal Nikam||• Bachelor's Degree in Legal Science
• Master of Law
|Office Address||206, Veena Chamber, 21 Dalal Street, Fort, Mumbai – 400001, Opposite Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Pooja Deshmukh Nikam (homemaker)
|Children||Son - 1
|Parents||Father- Ujjwal Nikam (criminal lawyer and special public prosecutor)
Mother- Jyoti Nikam (homemaker)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aniket Nikam
- Aniket Nikam is an Indian criminal advocate practising at the Bombay High Court and the Supreme Court of India.
- He belongs to a family of legal professionals. His grandfather, Deoraoji Nikam, was a barrister and a judge while his father, Ujjwal Nikam, is a famous criminal lawyer and has served as the special public prosecutor of the Maharashtra government.
- When he was a child, he wanted to be a doctor but then he participated in the Intra District Elocution Competition, which he won. Then the organisers reminded him of his legacy and inspired him to try his luck at law. Free Press Journal
- Aniket works as an independent Criminal Lawyer and Defence Attorney at the Bombay High Court and Supreme Court of India.
- He is proficient in three languages, Hindi, English, and Marathi.
- After completing his master’s degree in law in New York, he returned to India in late 2008 to begin his legal practice.
- In 2014, he appeared in the Bombay High Court to represent Jignesh Shah, the promoter of MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange). He filed a bail plea in relation to the Rs. 5000 crore National Stock Exchange Ltd scam.
- Aniket has appeared in many prominent cases. He appeared as the junior counsel and represented the Maharashtra government’s Ministry of Home Affairs in the Adarsh Housing Society Scam. The Indian Express In 2012, he pleaded in the local court on behalf of the National Congress Party (NCP) member Gulabrao Deokar in the Jalgaon Housing Scam and secured bail for him. Zee News
In 2016, he appeared as the legal representative for Maple Group’s Directors, Naveen Aggarwal and Sachin Aggarwal, who were suspected of scamming people with ads offering 1BHK flats for only Rs. 5 lakhs. He was successful in obtaining bail for both individuals.
In 2017, Aniket secured anticipatory bail for Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra, who were accused in a due payment case. The complainant, Ravi Bhalotia, a resident of Bhiwandi and owner of Bhalotia Exports, claimed that he had provided bedsheets to Best Deal TV (BDTV), an e-commerce and teleshopping platform in which Kundra and Shetty served as directors. Despite selling the bedsheets, Bhalotia alleged that he was not paid the remaining amount of Rs. 24 lakh. In defence, Aniket argued that the accused had no intention of fraud. He mentioned that BDTV had already settled Rs. 1 crore with the complainant, with only Rs 24 lakh remaining unpaid. The Times of India
He has handled a variety of high-profile cases, including financial fraud and other criminal offences. These include the 2014 murder case of Nagina Hasan’s daughter, the Television Rating Points (TRP) case involving Fakt Marathi, and the 2022 money laundering case against Anil Deshmukh.
- He has made his presence on various news channels including Mirror Now and ABP Majha to participate in legal debates and discussions.
- He is a mentor at the Maharashtra Vision Forum, a platform for the youth of the state to influence the policy-making process and formulate a youth-centric agenda for Maharashtra.