Education: Master's In Public Health From Harvard University
Age: 33 Years (as In 2019)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sriram Venkitaraman
- Does Sriram Venkitaraman Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sriram Venkitaraman drink alcohol?: Yes (( The Telegraph))
- After he graduated, one of his friends named Lakshmi suggested him to try for UPSC Examinations as his knowledge would come of better use, if he became an IAS officer. He thought about it amply and finally decided to appear for UPSC examinations.
- He is an athletic person and likes to play basketball and cricket.
- Sriram likes to travel and one of his most favourite travel destinations is Kodachadri mountain in Karnataka.
- After watching the characters ‘Joseph Alex IAS and Bharath Chandran IPS’ from the film “The King & the Commissioner,” Sriram wanted to direct a film.
- Reportedly, on 3 March 2019, Sriram was going to his apartment in Kawdiar. His friend Wafa Firoze offered him a lift in her car. But they Sriram wished to have dinner at Palayam before going to his apartment. They both stopped in mid-way at Café Coffee Day. From there Sriram took the charge of driving and that’s when the accident happened.
- Sriram hit the journalist K. M. Basheer, who was riding a bike. Sriram sustained a few injuries because of the accident but K. M. Basheer died.
- After the accident, Sriram admitted himself to a private hospital. When the Magistrate Court ordered to imprison him, Sriram was taken to Government College Medical Hospital in Kerala.
- Two days after he was arrested, the Government ordered his suspension with immediate effect under Rule 3(3) of the All India Services (Discipline & Appeal) Rules, 1969.
- Although the Volkswagen car belonged to Wafa Firoze, both Sriram and Wafa claimed that the latter was driving the car.
- On 6 Aug 2019, Sriram was granted bail after the prosecution failed to produce enough evidence against him being in an inebriated condition. The delay on the part of police registering a case against him also helped. However, his bail was called off later. Reportedly, on 22 August 2019, the fingerprint bureau detected Sriram’s fingerprint on the driver’s side of the car involved in the accident.
- According to the reports, Jayasurya made a cameo appearance in Gireesh Nair’s “Puzhikkadakan (2019,” and his character in the film is based on “Shriram Venkitaraman.”
- He is a dog lover and owns a pet dog named ‘Ray.’