Some Lesser Known Facts About Stacey Abrams
- Does Stacey Abrams Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Stacey Abrams Drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- Stacey was born in Wisconsin, but her family moved to Gulfport, Mississippi after few years of her birth.
- In an article in USA Today, she told that initially, her family had struggled a lot to stay above the poverty line. She also disclosed that there were even times when there were no lights or running water, and they had to manage with all that.
- Her mother was a school librarian, and father used to work in a shipyard. Soon, her family relocated to Georgia, where her parents became Methodist ministers.
- She worked in the office of Atlanta Mayor Maynard Jackson in the youth services department. She took an internship at the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Stacey has an interest in writing romantic suspense novels. She writes under the pen name Selena Montgomery and her novel has sold over 100,000 copies. Her writings are published by the major publishing house- Harper Collins.
- She worked as a speechwriter on a campaign when she was 17.
- She has also penned down her biography under her real name, which is about her work as an outsider desiring to change politics.
- At the age of 29, she was appointed as Deputy City Attorney of Atlanta.
- In 2004, she got listed in various magazines under different categories like in Ebony Magazine under the list “30 Leaders of the Future,” in Georgia Trend’s “40 Under 40” list, and the Atlanta Business Chronicle named her to its Top 50 Under 40 list.
- She was elected in 2006 to the Georgia state House of Representatives and later, became the first woman to lead either party in the Georgia General Assembly and also the first African American to lead the State’s House of Representatives.
- After the 2008 recession, Stacey co-founded and worked as Senior Vice President of NOW Corp (then NOWaccount Network Corporation), which is a financial services firm to encourage small business growth.
- In 2013, she found that numerous people had not been registered to vote in Georgia on the basis of their color. So, she launched a project named New Georgia Project that registered over 200,000 people to vote in 2 years.
- She co-founded Nourish Inc., which is a beverage company that focuses on infants and toddlers. Stacey is also the CEO of Sage Works, a legal consulting firm.
- She is connected with a plethora of committees and foundations, viz. Atlanta Metropolitan State College Foundation, Boards of Directors for Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, Gateway Center for the Homeless and the Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education, and the Advisory Boards for Literacy Action and Health Students Taking Action Together (HSTAT).
- In 2018, she made history by winning the Democratic nomination for governor and becoming the first female nominee for Governor of Georgia. If she wins in November 2018 General Elections, she would become the first black female Governor.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡