Wife: Sophie Grégoire
Age: 47 Years
Religion: Roman Catholicism
Some Lesser Known Facts About Justin Trudeau
- Does Justin Trudeau smoke?: Yes
- Does Justin Trudeau drink Alcohol?: Yes
- On Christmas Day in 1971, Justin was born and two years later in 1973 his younger brother Alexandre also was born on the same day.
- Trudeau is the second child in Canadian history to be born to a prime minister in office; the first was John A. Macdonald’s daughter Margaret Mary Theodora Macdonald, who was born on February 8, 1869.
- Trudeau is predominantly of Scottish and French Canadian descent. His one grandfather James Sinclair was born in Scotland.
- His parents divorced on May 27, 1977, when Trudeau was only 5 years old. However, Trudeau lived with his father until his father’s death.
- Prior to becoming a politician, Justin Trudeau was a high school teacher. He taught French, drama, and math.
- Justin’s wife Sophie was a classmate and friend of his youngest brother Michel, who died in 1998 in an avalanche. She spent a lot of time in the Trudeau’s home in Montreal.
- The year 2000 got Justin Trudeau in great despair when his father died on September 28, 2000. He delivered a great eulogy to his father’s state funeral.
- Justin popped the question to Sophie Grégoire on October 18, 2004 – on what would have been his father’s 85th birthday. The couple’s first child, Xavier, was born on Oct. 18, 2007.
- Justin won the 2015 Canadian election one day after what would have been his father’s 96thbirthday.
- At the age of 43, Trudeau became the second-youngest Canadian prime minister after Joe Clark.