Wife: Amruta Fadnavis
Hometown: Nagpur, Maharashtra
Age: 52 Years
|Full Name||Devendra Gangadhar Fadnavis|
|Famous For||Being the 18th Chief Minister of Maharashtra (31 October 2014 - 12 November 2019)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Fadnavis joined the ABVP in the mid-nineties.
• In 1989, he served as the Ward President for the Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
• In 1990, he was appointed as the office bearer for the BJYM in Nagpur.
• In 1992, he contested and won his first municipal election from the Ram Nagar Ward in Nagpur.
• In 1992, he was elected as the youngest Corporator of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation at the age of 22.
• In 1994, the BJYM appointed him as the State Vice President.
• In 1997, he was elected as the Mayor of Nagpur.
• In 1999, he was elected to the Maharashtra state assembly for the first time from the Nagpur West seat.
• In 2001, he was appointed as the BJYM National Vice President.
• In 2004, he was re-elected from the Nagpur West seat as an MLA.
• In 2009, he was elected from the newly formed Nagpur South West seat as an MLA.
• In 2014, he was elected as the Legislative Party Leader of Maharashtra.
• In October 2014, Fadnavis was appointed as the 18th Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
• In 2019, he won from the Nagpur South West seat in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Elections.
• On 23 November 2019, he took oath as then Chief Minister of Maharashtra for the second time with the help of Ajit Pawar of NCP; however, the government lasted for only few days.
• On 30 June 2022, he took oath as the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra after Shiv Sena's Eknath Shinde rebelled against the MVA government in Maharashtra and became the Chief Minister of the State with the help of the BJP.
|Date of Birth||22 July 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|School||• New Indira Convent Bori School, Nagpur
• Saraswati Vidyalaya, Nagpur
• Dharampeth Junior College, Nagpur
|College/University||• Government Law College, Nagpur
• Dahlem School of Education, Berlin, Germany
|Educational Qualification(s) DNA India||• Bachelor of Laws from the Government Law College, Nagpur in 1992
• Post Graduate in Business Management from the Dahlem School of Education, Germany in 1998
• Diploma in Methods and Techniques of Project Management from the Dahlem School of Education, Germany in 1998
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Times of India|
|Address||276, near Trikoni Park, Dharampeth, Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Driving, Reading Books on Energy, Taxes, and Economics|
|Controversies||• On 2 April 2016, while addressing a rally in Nashik, he said that every Indian should chant "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" and if someone would refuse to do so, they should leave the country. He faced a lot of backlash from a faction of society for this statement. He later clarified that his statement had nothing to do with religion, and it was not being portrayed the way it was intended to be. India Today
• In October 2016, a photo of Fadnavis with a criminal went viral. The criminal, Baba Bodke, was accused of four murders. A few days later, his office clarified that a lady paid a visit to his office to invite Fadnavis for an event, and the Baba had accompanied her. Fadnavis also said that he did not know about Baba being a criminal. India Times
• In February 2018, he appeared in a music video to promote the river conversation. Sonu Nigam and his wife, Amruta Fadnavis were the singers and Devendra Fadnavis, the Mumbai civic commissioner Ajoy Mehta, the Police Commissioner Datta Padsalgikar, and the state forest minister Sudhir Mungantiwar were seen lip-syncing and dancing in the video. The opposition criticized him and said that the person representing the government should not do such things and the top officials of the Maharashtra Government should not have been involved. However, Fadnavis defended himself by saying that it was for a good cause and the criticism is unjustified. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||17 November 2005
Daughter- Divija Fadnavis
|Parents||Father- Gangadharrao Fadnavis (deceased; Politician)
Mother- Sarita Fadnavis (former Director of the Vidarbha Housing Credit Society)
|Siblings||Brother- Ashish Fadnavis (Elder; Businessman)
|Sweet Dish||Modak and Puranpoli|
|Car Collection||Mahindra XUV 500 (2012 Model)|
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019) Myneta||Cash: 17,500 INR
Bank Deposits: 7.01 lacs INR
Jewellery: 450 gm Gold Jewellery worth 17.40 lacs INR
Agricultural Land: 5 lands worth 57 lacs INR
Residential Building: 2 plots worth 2.44 crores INR in Dharampeth, Nagpur
|Salary (approx.)||3.40 lacs per month (as the Maharashtra CM) Wikipedia|
|Net Worth (approx.)||8.71 crores INR (as in 2019) Myneta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Devendra Fadnavis
- Devendra Fadnavis is a prominent Indian politician of the BJP. He was appointed as the 18th Chief Minister of Maharashtra in 2014.
- His father was a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Council from Nagpur.
- He was a student of the Indira Gandhi Convent School in Nagpur, but he moved to the Saraswati Vidyalaya when his father was sent to prison for participating in anti-government protests during the Emergency. He said that he did not want to attend a school named after the Prime Minister responsible for his father’s arrest.
- His father passed away when he was only 17 years old.
- His father had mentored Nitin Gadkari. Gadkari refers to Devendra’s father as his “Guru.”
- Fadnavis had joined politics after his father passed away. As a groundworker of the ABVP, he has painted walls and pasted political posters.
- When he was in college, he was an RSS member too, and he had joined his local RSS Shakha at Trikoni Park, Nagpur.
- He was elected as the youngest Mayor of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation and the second youngest in the history of India when he was just 22.
- Reportedly, Fadnavis was brought into the limelight by Gopinath Munde, who considered him as a promising young leader.
- The BJP named Fadnavis as the President of Maharashtra unit in 2013; because of his promising nature and relatively younger age.
- He is a technology addict, and he always carries an iPhone and an iPad with him.
- On 31 October 2014, Fadnavis became the second-youngest Chief Minister of Maharashtra at the age of 44. The NCP chief Sharad Pawar was the youngest when he took the oath as the Maharashtra CM at the age of 38, and he took oath on 18 July 1978.
- In October 2019, he became the second person to complete his full term as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Vasantrao Naik was the first person to do so from 1963 to 1975.