|Real Name||Devendra Gangadhar Fadnavis|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Fadnavis joined ABVP while he attended the college.
• Served as a Ward President for Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) in 1989.
• Became Nagpur office bearer for BJYM in 1990.
• He was just 22 when he became the Mayor of Nagpur Municipal Corporation in 1992.
• BJYM appointed him as the State Vice President in 1994.
• He again became the Mayon of Nagpur MC in the year 1997.
• In 1999, he was elected to the Maharashtra state assembly for the first time and had been a member for 4 consecutive terms since then.
• He was made the BJYM national Vice President in 2001.
• In October 2014, Fadnavis was made the 18th Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 77 kg
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Date of Birth||22 July 1970|
|Age (as in 2016)||47 Years|
|Birth Place||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|School||New Indira Convent Bori School, Bori, Nagpur
Saraswati Vidyalaya School, Nagpur
|College||Dharampeth Junior College, Nagpur
Government Law College, Nagpur
Dahlem School of Education, Berlin, Germany
|Educational Qualifications||Diploma in Methods and Techniques of Project Management
Graduate in Law
Post Graduate in Business Management
|Debut||He was an active ABVP member at college and became a Mayor of Nagpur in 1997.|
|Family||Father- Late Gangadharrao Fadnavis (former Indian Politician)
Mother- Sarita Fadnavis (former Director of Vidarbha Housing Credit Society)
Brother- Ashish Fadnavis
|Address||276, Dharmpeth, Trikoni Park, Nagpur-10|
|Controversies||His photo with Pune-based criminal Baba Bodke triggered controversy after it made rounds on social media in October 2016. The Baba faces several cases out of which, four are related to murders. Some days later, the Chief Minister office clarified that Mrs Hawre, who had come to invite the CM brought the Baba with her and that Fadvnavis did not know the criminal.|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Amruta Fadnavis, Private Bank Manager (m.2005-present)
Daughter- Divija Fadnavis
|Salary (Basic)||INR 2.25 Lakh/month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 10 Lakh (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Devendra Fadnavis
- Does Devendra Fadnavis smoke: Not Known
- Does Devendra Fadnavis drink alcohol: Not Known
- His father served as a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Council from Nagpur.
- He was initially a student at Indira Gandhi Convent School, Nagpur but moved to the Saraswati Vidyalaya when his father was sent to prison for participating in anti-government protests during the Emergency period in the country. He said he did not want to attend a school named after the Prime Minister who was responsible for his father’s arrest.
- He became the youngest Mayor of Nagpur Municipal Corporation and second youngest in the history of India when he was just 22.
- Bhartiya Janta Party named Fadnavis the President of Maharashtra unit in 2013 because of his promising nature and relatively younger age.
- Fadnavis became the second youngest Chief Minister of Maharashtra at 44 in October in 2014. NCP chief Sharad Pawar was the first one, as he took the oath as a Maharashtra CM at just 38.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)