Age: 42 Years
|Full Name||Penmatsa Subbaraju|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi (2003)
Film (Bollywood): Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap (2011)
|Date of Birth||27 February 1977 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|College/University||D. N. R. College, Bhimavaram|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. in Mathematics|
|Controversy||In 2017, Subbaraju was questioned by the SIT (Special Investigation Team) of the Telangana Excise Department about his involvement in the Hyderabad Drug Racket. The actor allegedly disclosed the names of nine actors belonging to prominent families, who were involved in the case.|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Penmatsa Ramakrishnam Raju
|Siblings||Brother- Pullam Raju (Sanskrit Lecturer)
|Favourite Food||Sambhar Rice, Vadda|
|Favourite Actor||Allu Arjun, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Blue|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Maldives|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Subbaraju
- Subbaraju was born into a middle-class family in Bhimavaram.
- After completing his graduation, he did a few computer courses and joined Dell Computers in Hyderabad as a Computer Engineer.
- Raju never thought of becoming an actor. His introduction to the entertainment industry was an accident. One day, he went to filmmaker Krishna Vamsi’s assistant’s house to fix his computer. It was there that he got noticed by Krishna Vamsi, who offered him a small role in his film “Khadgam.”
- He made his acting debut as a negative lead with the Telugu Film “Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi” in 2003.
- Subsequently, Subbaraju featured in the Tamil remake of the film “Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi,” which made him an overnight star. The film was titled “M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi.”
- His most notable works include “Arya,” “Subash Chandra Bose,” “Yogi, Neninthe,” “Pokiri,” “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion,” and “Geetha Govindam.”
- He played a dumb character in the Telugu film “Dookudu.”
- Subbaraju made his Bollywood debut in 2011 with the film “Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap,” in which he played a comic character, ‘Theda.’
- Subbaraju has worked in almost all South Indian language films.
- He is a huge fan of Amitabh Bachchan.