Hometown: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh
Wife: Kalvakuntla Kavitha
Age: 57 Years
|Full name||Prudhvi Raj Balireddy Facebook|
|Other name(s)||Balireddy Prudhviraj, Phrudvi, Prudhvi, Prudhvi Raj, Prudhvi Teja|
|Nickname||Boiling Star Bablu Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Telugu Film: Khaidi No. 420 (1986)|
|Date of Birth||6 August 1964 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||57 Years|
|Birthplace||Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||• Sacred Heart Girls' High School
• Vivekananda School, Ramachandrapuram
• SVA Government College
|College/University||• Osmania University
• Chaitanya Degree and Post Graduate College
• Andhra University
|Educational Qualification||MA in Economics from Andhra University YouTube|
|Address||Road Number 10, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Controversy||In 2016, his wife, Kalvakuntla Kavitha, filed a case of domestic harassment against Prudhvi Raj at Banjara Hills police station. In her statement, Kavitha said that she met Prudhvi Raj through a common friend in 2010 after divorcing her first husband. Subsequently, she married the actor, and they started living in a house on Road Number 10, Banjara Hills. “Recently, Prudhviraj started an affair with a woman, Padma, and threw me out of the house after taking Rs 2 lakh cash and gold from me,“ Kavitha alleged in her complaint. Based on the complaint, police registered a case against the actor under Sections 420 (cheating) and 498-A (subjecting a married woman to cruelty) of the IPC on September 21. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||16 May
|Wife/Spouse||Kalvakuntla Kavitha (Politician)
|Children||Son- Srinivas Ballireddy
|Parents||Father- Balireddy Subbarao
Mother- Name not known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prudhvi Raj
- Prudhvi Raj is an Indian actor who is known for his work in the South Indian film industry.
- He grew up in a family of farmers in Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Since childhood, he was interested in acting, and he used to actively participate in various stage shows and cultural programmes held in his school. According to Prudhvi, it was his childhood dream to become an actor, and his mother encouraged him to fulfill this dream.
- In 1986, he appeared in a low-budget Telugu film Khaidi No. 420. In the same year, he appeared in the Telugu film Ladies Tailor.
- In 1992, he appeared in the Telugu film Aa Okkati Adakku. He got an offer to act in the film through Dr. Prabakar Reddy and E V V Satyanarayana. During its filming, he spent forty days with Rao Gopal Rao who taught him the basics of the film industry.
- After working in the Telugu film Aa Okkati Adakku, he tried to get work in Tamil films; however, he didn’t get success there, and he had to return to the Telugu film industry.
- In 1997, he appeared in the Telugu film Sindhooram as a Naxalite. Later, he appeared in many Telugu films including Ganesh (1998), Chandralekha (1998), Samudram ( 1999), Bachi (2000), and Devullu (2000).
- In 2002, he appeared in the Telugu film Khadgam; his dialogue “30 Years Industry ikkada” in the film became very popular, and he started gettings offers from many filmmakers.
- Before getting the work in the Telugu film “Khadgam,” he worked as a receptionist in a guest house and in a hotel.
- He has worked alongside many Tollywood actors such as Ravi Teja, Daggubati Venkatesh, Ram Charan, Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu, Rajendra Prasad, Allu Arjun, Tottempudi Gopichand, and Nithiin.
- In 2006, he played the role of ‘Murthy’ in the Tamil film Pudhupettai. Later, he appeared in many Tamil films including Oru Nodiyil (2016), and Parris Jeyaraj (2021).
- He is known for his comic acts in many Telugu films for his unique dialogue delivery and comic style. In 2014, he played the role of ‘Boiling Star’ Bablu in the Telugu film Loukyam, and the film earned him the nickname ‘Boiling Star’ Bablu.
- In 2019, the YSR Congress Party in Andhra Pradesh appointed him its state secretary.
- In 2019, he became the President of Sri Venkateswara Bhakthi Channel.
- In January 2020, an audiotape went viral on YouTube in which he was speaking to a woman employee of the SVBC channel on a phone call. On 11 January 2020, he had to resign as the President of Sri Venkateswara Bhakti Channel following a huge protest by the employees of the SVBC channel. The Hindu
- He considers Indian actor and producer Rao Gopal Rao his role model.
- Prudhvi Raj is a fitness freak, and he hits the gym regularly.
- He is an avid dog lover.