• Television Host
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film: Aparanmaar Nagarathil (2003) as Seema
TV: Cinemala (1993) on Asianet as a comedian
|Last Film||Vakathirivu (2019) as a teacher
|Last TV Serial||Onnannara Ruchi (2022) on Zee Keralam as a host|
|Date of Birth||24 August 1981 (Wedenesday)|
|Birthplace||Tripunithura, Ernakulam, Kochi, Kerala|
|Date of Death||22 February 2023|
|Place of Death||Rajgiri Hospital, Kochi, Kerala|
|Age (at the time of death)||41 Years|
|Death Cause||Liver disease NDTV|
|Hometown||Tripunithura, Ernakulam, Kochi, Kerala|
|School||Government Girls Higher Secondary School, Tripunithura, Kochi, Kerala|
|College/University||St Teresa's College, Ernakulam, Kerala
|Religion/Religious Views||Hinduism Subi Suresh - Facebook|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Subi Suresh - Instagram|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Unmarried|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||In an interview in 2022, Subi Suresh talked about her relationships and said she dated three men in her life. Kaumudi|
Mother- Ambika Suresh
|Siblings||Brother- AB Suresh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Subi Suresh
- Subi Suresh was an Indian actress, television host, and comedian who primarily worked in the Malayalam entertainment industry. On 22 February 2023, Subi passed away after suffering from liver disease at a private hospital in Kochi, Kerala.
- Fascinated by dance since childhood, Subi Suresh often participated in various cultural functions in her school. According to sources, she travelled to many foreign countries for her stage performances.
- Subi was the head girl in her school.
- Subi, during an interview in 2022, recalled her childhood days and said that she was a popular kid in her school. During the same interview, Subi revealed that two female students from her school had a crush on her. She described,
Though I studied in a girls’ school I was the heroine there. There were English and Malayalam mediums. I studied in English medium. There were two children in Malayalam medium. Asha and Sulekha. During PT period, they will not go outside to play and instead will just stare at me through the window. It was very annoying for me.I could not go to school for 10 to 15 days. When I went to school after that, these girls came running towards me and asked me why I was absent. I said I was ill. They said they were sad for not seeing me for so many days and asked to give them a photo so that they could keep it in their hands. They loved me a lot.
- Soon after completing her formal education, Subi started her career as a standup comedian. She was a member of the Cochin Kalabhavan troupe, a professional mimicry group.
- She made her television debut with the Asianet parody series Cinemala (1995). In 2013, the Cinemala entered the Limca Book of Records as the Longest Running Weekly Comedy Show.
- In 2001, Subi made her acting debut with the Malayalam film Aparanmaar Nagarathil in which she played the role of Seema.
- Subi has worked as a supporting actor in many Malayalam films like Greetings (2004), Kanaka Simhasanam (2006), Elsamma Enna Aankutty (2010), Lucky Jokers (2011), and Dolls (2013).
- In 2012, she worked as a host for the Surya TV show Kutty Pattalam, a chat show featuring children. In 2016, she participated as a host in the television show Kutty Kalavara.
- In 25 years of Subi’s career as an actor and television host (1995-2023), Subi has appeared in more than 60 Malayalam television shows and several films.
- In an interview, Subi talked about her marriage plans and said she had dated two or three men; however, she was unable to find a suitable person for marriage. Kaumudi
- In 2022, Subi, on her YouTube channel, uploaded a video in which she revealed that she was suffering from many health issues because she was skipping her meals, owing to which she was admitted to the Rajgiri Hospital in Kochi. In the same video, she revealed that she was suffering from digestive disease and thyroid. Subi, in her YouTube video, while advising her fans to eat their meals on time, said,
I didn’t put out any videos for some time because, in my language, I landed in a workshop. My habits also have to be right. It’s nothing special, but because I didn’t have the good habit of taking my food and medicines on time, I started facing several health problems. I fell sick on the eve of a shoot. I had body ache, chest pain, gastric problems, and incessant vomiting to the point where my body couldn’t digest even tender coconut water.” Manorama
- On 22 February 2023, Subi passed away at the Rajgiri hospital, Kochi after suffering from severe liver disease; the news was shared by Subi’s friend and comedian, Tini Tom. In an interview, Tini Tom talked about Subi’s demise and said,
She (Subi) had been in the ICU for the past few days. She was about to undergo liver transplant surgery. We had done everything to expedite the process with the help of political and social activists. However, Subi’s condition worsened and she was shifted to the ventilator the other day. We did our best, but to no avail.” Indian Express