|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Medium Golden Brown|
|Debut||As an Actor
TV: ‘Sabinoy Nibedan’ (2011) as 'Joydeep'
As a Director
Web Series: Cartoon (2017)
|Awards||2020: Hoichoi Award for the web series ‘Charitraheen 2’
2022: Gold YouTube Play Button for the channel ‘Uribaba’
|Date of Birth||11 October 1988 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||West Bengal, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Divorced The Times of India|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Madhumita Sarcar (actor)
|Marriage Date||Year, 2015
|Wife/Spouse||Madhumita Sarcar (m. 2015; div. 2019)
Note: Image is in Affairs/Girlfriends section.
|Parents||Father- Name not known (passed away due to cancer)
Mother- Ankita Chakraborty
|Siblings||Sister- Sunanda Chakraborty
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sourav Chakraborty
- Sourav Chakraborty is an Indian actor, director, writer, and producer who works in the Bengali film industry. He gained popularity after playing the role of ‘Sourav Moitra’ in the television serial ‘Bodhu Kon Alo Laaglo Chokhe.’ Sourav is known for his roles in films like ‘Bhobishyoter Bhoot’ (2019) and ‘Burning Butterflies’ (2021).
- Sourav is fond of poetry since childhood. In fifth grade, he authored his first book, ‘One Drop of Happiness.’ By the time he reached the seventh grade, he published his second book, ‘Achena Alo Rekha.’ In 2002, his third poetry collection, ‘Ekante Abhimanyu,’ was unveiled at a book fair. In January 2023, his book ‘Khobor Achhe’ was launched at an Oxford bookstore; this book holds a special place in his heart as it is dedicated to his father.
- Sourav dated Madhumita Sarcar for nearly four years. They initially crossed paths on the set of the television series ‘Sobinoy Nibedon’ in 2011. Their friendship gradually deepened into a romantic bond. Following four years of dating, they decided to tie the knot in 2015; however, they faced some challenges in their relationship, and they ultimately decided to separate, finalizing their divorce in 2019. In an interview, Madhumita Sarcar opened up about her relationship with Sourav and mentioned the factors that led to their decision to part ways. The Times of India She said,
When a girl decides to marry someone, love is not the only thing on her mind. There’s much more to it. We had a thing for each other but somewhere down the line, we felt it wasn’t working out. It seems like we are not compatible anymore.”
- Sourav Chakraborty co-founded ‘Uribaba,’ an entertainment website company, in 2020. It’s hailed as Bangla’s first independent free entertainment platform, serving up a variety of video content. The website offers an exciting mix of web series, short films, and sketch videos, providing a fresh take on entertainment. Sourav Chakraborty – Instagram
- Sourav has worked as an actor in various Bengali films and web series. He played the role of ‘Bijoy Mukherjee’ in Hoichoi’s crime thriller web series ‘Murder in the Hills’ (2021). In the same year, he appeared in a nihilistic psychological thriller film titled ‘Burning Butterflies.’
In 2023, he appeared in ZEE5’s thriller drama web series ‘Shwetkali.’
- Sourav’s directing skills have received considerable acclaim from viewers. His directorial work includes web series like ‘Dhanbad Blues’ (2018), ‘Calm Sutra’ (2019), and ‘Shobdo Jobdo’ (2020), and ‘Rajneeti’ (2023).
- Sourav talked about the making of the web series ‘Rajneeti’ (2023), in an interview, and mentioned that while he doesn’t support any specific political party, he does hold his own political viewpoints as politics inevitably impact everyday life. He added that he is interested in narratives that explore and test the boundaries of political concepts and ideologies. The Times of India Sourav Chakraborty said,
I am not a supporter of any particular political party but yes, I have my own political ideology since no one can escape the implications of politics in real life. Rajneeti has been made from these thoughts, these ideological differences. But it doesn’t hurt any individual political party. You would find politics everywhere – whether it’s our daily life, office or even inside a family. The story concerns of ordinary citizens, like sex, family, and money, than political intrigue. Frankly speaking, I am more interested in stories that expose the limits of political ideas and ideologies.”
- In 2023, Sourav Chakraborty posted a picture on Instagram through which he shared a childhood memory. He recalled how he and his sister, Sunanda Chakraborty, would be totally engrossed in watching the film ‘King Kong vs. Godzilla.’ They loved watching it so much that they would reenact the giant monsters’ duel; however, their playful reenactments often devolve into playful yet intense tugs-of-war with each other’s hair. Sourav added that his father would jump in to play the role of a referee and show them a red card to put a stop to their sibling squabbles.
- Sourav holds a profound love for animals, especially dogs. He often shares his pictures with them on social media.
- He is an avid reader and boasts an impressive collection of books.