|Nickname||Māni Sudipta Banerjee - Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Bengali Film: Olot Palot (2009)
Bengali TV Series: Dhimaner Dinkaal (2017)
Telugu TV Series: Nethra (2022)
|Award||2018: Zee Bangla Sonarsansar Award
|Date of Birth||5 July 1991 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Pitapiti Village, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Pitapiti Village, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|College/University||University of Calcutta, Kolkata|
|Tattoo(s)||• Sword inked on her left hand
• Fairy inked on her back
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Soumya Bakshi (politician)|
|Marriage Date||1 May 2023
|Husband/Spouse||Soumya Bakshi (politician)|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Name Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sudipta Banerjee
- Sudipta Banerjee is an Indian model and actress who is known for primarily working in the Bengali film industry.
- When she was a child, her father had a low income because of this she was many times insulted and humiliated by his relatives. Her family went through the rough phase all alone and no other relatives came forward to help them.
- After her father’s retirement, the financial situation of their family worsened. In an interview, she said that they used to go out just twice a year and bought new clothes once a year.
- In 2005, she appeared on the cooking show Rannaghor with Jol Nupur and Rupsha Chakraborty where they shared the recipes of Coconut Snow Balls and Chicken Pancakes.
- In 2017, she played the role of Mani Mallika in the TV serial Saat Bhai Champa. Her role was of a Willian. In an interview, she shared a funny incident that happened to her because of the negative character and said,
I went to a place for lunch on the first Boishakh… a child’s parents were saying to the child, ‘Manimalika has come. Take a picture with him’. The child says, ‘No, no, his teeth will come out! The nails will be big! What if it eats me? If it goes away with the sack? I will not go.’ This is an achievement for me. The audience took Mani Mallika, loved it… I owe you more.”
- In 2018, she starred opposite Samadarshi Dutta in the lead role in the Bengali film Gobhir Gopan Brishti.
- In 2019, she played the role of Vishakha in the serial Beder Meye Jyotsna. In an interview, she said that she found it difficult to play the role because the jewellery, costume and makeup were very different from the one usually wears.
- In 2019, she played a negative role in the supernatural drama Nojor’. She was seen playing a ‘daayan’ with two heads.
- She has appeared in Bengali TV shows including Jol Nupur (2013), Jalsha 10e10 (2019), Singhalagna (2020), Khelaghor (2020), Gramer Rani Binapani (2021), Naagin (2022), Sohag Jol (2022), Sona Roder Gaan (2022), Sata Bhainka Sunanaki (2023).
- She confirmed her relationship with Soumya Bakshi in 2020 and in 2023, she married him. Her in-laws hail from a political background. Soumya is the son of ex-MLA Smita Bakshi and is the general secretary of the Trinamool Yuva Congress. In an interview, she talked about her relationship with him and said,
We met in a Bijaya Sammilani. After we met, there was no friendship. It was decided from the start that we would marry. The love grew gradually. There was the Covid-lockdown, and I went to Mumbai for a few months. Hence, the marriage was postponed. However, we fight a lot!”
- Before getting married, she was very nervous and tense. In an interview, she shared her feelings about marriage and said,
Now there is only marriage discussion till 2 am every day. The preparation is more intense in Soumya’s family. The wedding will take place near Science City. The reception will be in Nicco Park. Two and a half thousand people are invited to my reception.”
- According to her, she spends 50 per cent of the money she earns on shopping.
- She appeared in the ad campaign for Rahul Jewellery Creations which is one of the renowned Top 10 Jewellery shops in South Kolkata in 2022.
- In 2022, she was featured on the cover of MOOI magazine.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.