|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||4 June|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ambala Cantt, Haryana, India|
|College/University||University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||23 November 1986
|Wife/Spouse||Reena Malhotra Chopra
• Shivang Chopra (doctor)
• Sahaj Chopra (entrepreneur)
Daughter- Parineeti Chopra (actress)
|Parents||Father- Kasturi Lal Chopra (Indian Army officer)
Mother- Champa Wati Chopra (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Ashok Chopra (doctor in the Indian Army)
Sister- Kamini Handa Chopra (jewellery designer)
• Priyanka Chopra (actress)
• Mannara Chopra (actress)
• Meera Chopra (actress)
Sister-in-law- Madhu Chopra (doctor in the Indian Army)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pawan Chopra
- Pawan Chopra is an Indian businessman. He is known for being the father of actress Parineeti Chopra and Priyanka Chopra’s uncle.
- Born in a Punjabi family, Pawan was fascinated by singing since childhood and often participated in various cultural functions in his school and college.
- Soon after pursuing formal education, Pawan started working as a businessman and supplier to the Indian Army at Ambala Cantonment, Haryana, India.
- On 23 November 1986, Pawan Chopra got married to Reena Malhotra Chopra, an artist who was brought up by her parents in Nairobi, Kenya. Reena met Pawan Chopra while he was performing live in a music concert in India; Reena relocated to India from Kenya for pursuing her formal education. In an interview, Pawan’s wife, Reena Chopra, talked about their marriage and said,
The move to India for my degree in Architectural Apprenticeship and Interior Design along with a second degree in IT and Management ended up with me being married in India and that too in a very small town called Ambala. 35 yrs ago it was practically non-existent in every way and a typical hinterland township with stereotypical thought processes and was a land forgotten by the world except for its military history. It was a major culture shock for me back then. These years, from coming from Kenya with a particularly open mindset and upbringing, to gingerly treading and overcoming all types of obstacles and regressive traditional ideologies”
- In 1988, Pawan Chopra and Reena Chopra’s first child, Parineeti Chopra, was born. The couple’s second child, Sahaj Chopra, who is an entrepreneur, was born in 1991. Pawan’s youngest child, Shivang Chopra, was born in 1995.
- Parineeti Chopra, during an interview, talked about her father’s passion for singing and recalled that her father, Pawan Chopra, and uncle Ashok Chopra had a musical band named Chopra Brothers, and they used to perform in various cultural events. Further, in the same interview, Parineeti said that she and her cousin Priyanka Chopra often joined Pawan Chopra and Ashok Chopra on stage in many musical events. Parineeti said,
I have grown up singing with him on stage. My dad and Mimi Didi’s (Priyanka Chopra) dad used to have a band called Chopra brothers, so they used to perform all over and we used to go on stage and sing with them.” Parineeti adds, “He has given the DNA of music inside me, like music in my blood is from him.”
- Besides singing, Pawan Chopra likes doing mimicry and standup comedy in his leisure time.
- According to social media post shared by Parineeti Chopra, Pawan Chopra doesn’t like consuming processed food.
- A fitness enthusiast, Pawan Chopra follows a strict morning routine, including a workout session for two hours every morning.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.