Hometown: Hyderabad, India
Age: 41 Years
Education: Bachelor’s Degree In Sociology
Some Lesser Known Facts About Supriya Yarlagadda
- She is a member of the famous Daggubati-Akkineni Family of the South Indian Cinema.
- Her maternal uncle, Akkineni Nagarjuna is a famous actor and producer. Venkatesh Daggubati is also her maternal uncle.
- She started her career in films at the age of 11, as a cashier for the film ‘Rao Gari Illu (1988).’ When she turned 16, she organised the Visakhapatnam schedule of the film Gaayam (1993).
- When acting didn’t work out for Supriya, she decided to do something else. She went to her uncle Nagarjuna and asked him whether he had any work for her. He was producing “Aaha…! (1997)” at that time and took her in as a producer. Since then, she has been working as a producer and became the executive director for the production company called Annapurna Studios in 2000.
- In an interview, she revealed that she liked to play negative roles in the film. She added-
I’d do negative roles and I personally believe I’d suit negative roles.”
- She was rumoured to be getting married to Adivi Sesh. When things went out of hands, Adivi took his social media account to clarify that he was thinking only about his career and not marriage.
- In 2018, she was appointed as the convener of the Joint Action Committee (consisting of 21 members), which was formed after the casting couch scandals in the South Indian Film Industry started to increase. It was specifically formed for the actors who had become a victim of casting couch and protecting them from it.