Rishi Prabhakar Age, Death, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Arundhati Rishi Prabhakar (Arundhati Ma)
Age: 66 Years
|Full name||Prabhakar Raghavendra Rao|
|Other name||Guruji Rishi Prabhakar SSY|
|Profession(s)||Spiritual Leader, Yogi, Philosophizer|
|Famous for||• Being the founder of the Siddha Samadhi Yoga (SSY) Program
• Being the founder of Rishi Samskruti Vidya Kendra (RSVK), a Public Charitable Trust
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Date of Birth||30 August 1948 (Monday)|
|Date of Death||16 February 2014 (Sunday)|
|Place of Death||Bengaluru, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||66 Years|
|Death Cause||Attained Mahasamadhi after suffering from Aplastic Anemia Siddha Samadhi Yoga|
|Citizenship||Canadian India Today|
|College/University||• National College, Bengaluru
• Bengaluru University, India
• University of Ottawa, Canada
• Western University of Ontario, Canada
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Pre University Education Facebook
• Bachelor of Engineering Facebook
• A master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering Siddha Samadhi Yoga
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) Siddha Samadhi Yoga
|Religion/Religious Views||Rishi Prabhakar believed that unity, love and brotherhood are the only religions. Rishi's organisation RSVK has been propagating this dream of his by organising gatherings in some 200 centres across India where all the participants are asked to take the oath to visit a mosque and do Namaz on Fridays, visit a church and pray on Sundays, and visit a temple once a week. SSY|
|Controversies||• Rishi's wife accused him of running a sex racket at his ashrams: Rishi Prabhakar's wife Arundhati said in a court in 2010 that the Guru ran a sex racket in the garb of yoga classes, and she was trying to exposetrying to expose her husband for many years. Rishi's wife also claimed that Rishi had a strategy to entice devotees and brainwash women to use them the way he liked.
India Today India Today
• Rishi's wife accused him of blackmailing her: Rishi's wife also alleged that Rishi hypnotised her and shot an objectionable video that he used to blackmail her. She claimed the incident happened before their marriage at one of the Rishi's ashrams in Aurangabad. According to her, Rishi soon proposed to her for marriage, fearing Arundhati would expose him.
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Smita Ubale (Later known as Arundhati Rishi Prabhakar or Arundhati Ma) (Holistic Healer and Divinity Coach, Co-Founder Digital RCRT)
|Children||Son- Siddhant Rishi Prabhakar (Founder and Director, Rishi Prabhakar International Foundation, Co-Founder Digital RCRT)
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Late Ramadevi Amma (RSVK Trustee)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rishi Prabhakar
- Rishi Prabhakar was an Indian Spiritualist and Philosophiser who is known to develop Siddha Samadhi Yoga (SSY). His other programs include Kaya Kalpa Kriya (KKK), Rapid Comprehension and Review Technique (RCRT), Bhava Samadhi Training (BST), Advanced Meditation Course (AMC), Infant Siddha Program (ISP), and Inspirational Leadership in Rural Development (ILRD).
- Rishi was brought up by his grandparents. He grew up fatherless and was acquainted with the fact around the age of 7 or 8. At the same time, he also came to know that Ramadevi was his mother and not his sister as he was made to believe. Siddha Samadhi Yoga
- Prabhakar was intelligent, obedient, and caring as a child who always stood up for his principles. He was inspired by the books of Swami Vivekananda.
- Rishi earned a degree in Engineering under a scholarship program from the Government of India, and later, he relocated to Ottawa, Canada to pursue his master’s degree on a full scholarship by the Canadian government. Rishi was also a Computer Scientist and worked as a consultant in many departments of the Canadian Government. Later, he acquired Canadian Citizenship. SSY USA Manoj Lekhi official website
- In July 1974, Rishi’s teacher, Elizabeth Morrison, introduced him to Transcendental Meditation founded by the spiritual leader Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Rishi was captivated by the phenomenon and started meditating even more intensely. Siddha Samadhi Yoga
- In the same year, he started working as an International Director at the Switzerland headquarters of Maharishi, where he worked for two years. Newslaundry
- He served as the Board Member of World Religious Member for Elijah Interfaith Institute.
- Rishi then turned to his childhood Master, Sri Bhagawan Visweswariah, in Bengaluru and meditated under him to refine the Siddha Samadhi Yoga (SSY) program that Rishi founded in 1977. Siddha Samadhi Yoga
- The SSY movement has a global presence in the UAE cities of Dubai, Sharjah, and Abudhabi; Toronto and Ottawa in Canada; Tokyo in Japan, and Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York in the US. SSY is also active in Australia, Singapore, Kenya, and Brazil.
- Around 1980, Rishi attended a training called EST by Werner Erhard in California. According to his official website, the training was a turning point in his life, and he learnt a lot from the teachings of Werner in EST training and Robert Fritz’s DMA training.
- From 1981 to 1983, Prabhakar worked on the advanced enlightenment training, which he called ‘Samadhi in action.’ SSY
- In 1982, Prabhakar founded the Rishi Samskruti Vidya Kendra (RSVK), a not-for-profit organization, with his mother and a few others. The charitable trust is registered under Indian Law and is dedicated to working for the welfare and dynamic growth of humans and society. SSY
- The organisation operates in the Indian cities of Bengaluru, Pune, and Mumbai and in countries including Canada, Japan, and the UAE. RSVK RCRT
- Rishi also introduced the Rapid Comprehension and Review Technique (RCRT), a science-backed self-learning technique for students that makes learning versatile and effortless. RSVK RCRT Taking the concept further, Rishi’s son, Siddhant, along with his mother, Arundhati Ma, launched Digital RCRT in 2020, which is an e-learning platform serving the same purpose. India Education Diary
- Guruji also worked for the education of children by developing many pre-schools, Rishi Gurukulams in Bengaluru, Vishakhapatnam, and Pune, and colleges as well. SSY
- The Rishi Gurukulam at Katarkhadak Hills, Pune is founded by Manoj Lekhi who is a key disciple of Guruji Rishi Prabhakar and is the chief administrator of Rishi Samskriti Vidya Kendra (RSVK). Manoj Lekhi official website
- Rishi Prabhakar was the guru of another famous Indian spiritualist Jaggi Vasudev (Sadhguru) and taught him Siddha Samadhi Yoga in 1984. Reports suggest that the two split after some differences and Vasudev later rebranded Siddha Samadhi Yoga as Isha Yoga. Newslaundry
- Rishi lived a simple life without a bank account, personal property, or money. Rishi Gurukulam
- Around the late 1980s, Guruji started the “Clean India Campaign” project under RSVK, which has been adopted by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi as Swachh Bharat Mission. The SSY volunteers are also assisting Anna Hazare in developing 300 model villages through water management techniques and social reform. LifePositive
- In 1986, Rishi’s RSVK organisation started The Fun Club International in Davangere, Karnataka, which has now spread to various centres. Twitter SSY
- In 1987, Rishi felt he had completed his work of attaining total sufficiency through effortless meditation and went into a period of joyful celebration. SSY
- In 2004, Rishi, along with his wife and son, moved to Pondicherry (now Puducherry) and lived in the Indian Union Territory for around 7 years. The family then moved to Pune in Maharashtra.
- While in Puducherry, Prabhakar developed the famous Kaya Kalp Kriya (KKK) Programme, also called the Yog Samruddhi Sadhana (YSS) or the Life Longevity Programme (LLP). The programme claims to reverse the ageing process and cure all diseases to help people live a healthy, youthful, and very long life. SSY
- Guru Rishi was suspected of cancer in early 2013, which was ruled out after diagnosis of his body; however, after thorough tests in India and abroad, reports stated that Guruji did not suffer from cancer; it was a condition called Aplastic Anemia. Siddha Samadhi Yoga
- In 2014, the family and disciples of Rishi admitted him to the Narayana Hospital in Bengaluru due to ill health. It is said that the Guru let nature take its course that led to the deterioration of his body as a natural process. As a result, he attained Mahasamadhi in Bengaluru on 16 February at 6.26 a.m. Siddha Samadhi Yoga
- Rishi Prabhakar is survived by his wife, Arundhati Ma, whom he was married to for 15 years, while his legacy is carried forward by his son, Siddhant Rishi Prabhakar.
- Siddhanth, along with his mother, founded a not for profit company, Rishi Prabhakar International Foundation, in 2019. Rishi Prabhakar International Foundation Rishi’s mother, Ramadevi Amma, passed away in 2021.
- Guruji was overseeing around 100 ashrams and 700 centres all over the world at the time of his Mahasamadhi.
- On 23 April 2015, Rishi’s wife published a book dedicated to him titled “Divine Satsang: My Divine Encounter with Guruji Rishi Prabhakarji.”