|Real Name||Suresh Oberoi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||17 December 1946|
|Age (as in 2017)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Quetta, Baluchistan, Pakistan
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. George's Grammar School, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Debut||Film: Jeevan Mukt (1977)
TV: Dhadkan (2002)
|Family||Father- Anand Sarup Oberoi
Mother- Kartar Devi
Brother- Krishnan Oberoi, Jagmohan Oberoi
Sister- Not Known
|Address||Golden Beach, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Reading Newspaper, Watching Movies with Family, Writing Poetry|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Akshay Kumar, Govinda|
|Favourite Film||Raja Hindustani (1996)
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||1 August 1974|
|Children||Son- Vivek Oberoi (Actor)
Daughter- Meghna Oberoi
|Car Collection||Mercedes SUV Gifted By Vivek Oberoi, Mahindra Thar|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹6 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suresh Oberoi
- Does Suresh Oberoi smoke?: No
- Does Suresh Oberoi drink alcohol?: No
- He was born in Quetta, Baluchistan to Anand Sarup Oberoi, a Punjabi Businessman, and mother, Karta Devi.
- His family then relocated to India and they established a chain of medical stores in Hyderabad.
- Since his childhood, he was active in sports and was a Tennis and swimming champion at his school.
- He, along with his brother, maintained their father’s business after their father’s death.
- His talent and a keen interest in acting opened new opportunities for him in radio shows and stage plays, which prompted him to attend the Film and Television Institute in Pune.
- He met the love of his life, Yashodhara before joining the Film and Television Institute.
- The couple tied the knot on 1 August 1974 in Madras and were blessed with Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi after two years, after which they shifted to Mumbai.
- He follows the principles of famous spiritualist Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
- After his debut film Jeevan Mukt, he was seen in various films, viz. Kala Patthar, Surakshaa, and Kartavya in 1979, Ek Baar Kaho, Khanjar, and Morcha in 1980.
- He got a lead role of Police Inspector Sharma in the 1980s film- Phir Wahi Raat, which garnered everyone’s attention and made him popular worldwide.
- His acting in an Indian drama film- Lawaaris made him nominated for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
- Suresh was then featured in short roles in a lot of films, which gained him a lot of popularity and appreciation.
- He is considered as a multi-talented personality as he is a wonderful Film Actor, Model, Voice Artist, Television Actor, and TV Host.
- In 1984, he was starred in a Hindi movie- Awaaz and did an outstanding performance in that.
- The same year, he was nominated for his exceptional performance in the movie- Ghar Ek Mandir at Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Apart from acting in films and singing, he loves penning philosophical and romantic poetry in his leisure time.
- He got back-to-back roles in films, viz. Ek Nai Paheli, Kanoon Kya Karega, Sharabi, Aeitbaar, Bepanaah, Jawab, Mirch Masala, and the list is never-ending.
- He has also appeared on some hit television shows- Dhadkan, Kashmeer and has hosted a ZeeTV show titled “Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai”.
- He has also participated in some sessions of Brahma Kumaris, featuring BK Shivani.
- Suresh won his life’s first award for his film Mirch Masala in 1987 at National Film Award for category- Best Supporting Actor and was also nominated at 1988 Bengal Film Journalists’ Association for Best Supporting Actor Award for the same film.
- In an interview with Suresh Oberoi and his wife, Yashodhara, they shared about the struggles they initially faced in their relationship and the mantra of their successful happy married life, which was just commitment, understanding, and respect.
- He has acted in more than 135 films including Hindi, Kannada, and Bengali films.
- Suresh Oberoi was given the role of Baji Rao II in an Indian epic biographical film- “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi”, which is based on the life of Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡