|Profession(s)||Music producer, Composer, Digital Content Creator|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||14 April 1992 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||31 Years|
|College/University||• Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai, India
• Master’s in Music Production, Technology & Innovation at Berklee College of Music.
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science at Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai Mumbai Mirror
• Masters in Music Production, Technology & Innovation at Berklee College of Music, Spain Ableton
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (doctor)
Mother- Manju Jumani (works in the field of science)
Sister- Pooja Jumani (engineer)
|Music Artist(s)||A. R. Rahman, Salim Sulaiman, Shankar Mahadevan, Jason Mraz, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Zedd, Ankur Tiwari, Nucleya, Jasleen Royal|
|Book||StarTalk by Neil deGrasse Tyson|
|Car Collection||Hyundai Verna
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mayur Jumani
- Mayur Jumani is a music producer, composer, and digital content creator. He is known for his audio-based content on social media which includes the meme mixes Jalebi Baby 90’s version, Babu Babu, Kesariya Tony Kakkar Version, and Chori Patata Hai. He is also the founder of the audio production house Aux Media.
- Jumani inclined towards music during childhood and started playing the piano at the age of 5.
- Following his engineering, he joined Directi in Mumbai as a User Experience Designer in June 2013. Meanwhile, he would compose music and perform gigs at small venues.
- After working for two years, he quit his IT job and moved to Spain to pursue a Master’s in Music Production, Technology & Innovation at Berklee College of Music. In an interview, he talked about his decision of quitting his IT job and pursuing a career in music and said,
I’ve been making music and playing instruments like the piano since I was a young child. Even though I was an engineering student, I enjoyed playing music in my own time. I used to write, make music, and perform at local venues after finishing my engineering degree while working a full-time job to gain more experience. I had the aptitude, zeal, and ambition to thrive in the music industry, so several of my friends at the time encouraged me to take music more seriously. I chose to apply to the Berklee Master’s programme, and much to my amazement, I was accepted in spite of the fact that I had no prior formal music training. That was the tipping point for me.”
- As a Production Graduate Assistant at Berklee, he did various shows like Innovation ¡En Vivo! and TEDxBerkleeValencia.
- In July 2016, he moved to Calabasas, California, where he worked in the Product Development department till June 2017.
- At the beginning of 2017, he performed in Los Angeles with a group called Hollywood Light Orchestra, where he merged electronic music with a live orchestra.
- In 2017, following his stints in Europe and US, he decided to come back to Mumbai from Los Angeles.
- In Mumbai, he launched a solo project called Inhew in which he collaborated with artists and singers to create cross-genre electronic music that recreated the studio environment on stage.
- Thereafter, he started teaching at the music school Beatfactory Academy. He was a part of the academy’s teaching faculty till January 2021 following which he turned into a full-time music composer and producer.
- As a music composer, Mayur Jumani has a diverse portfolio that includes Bollywood films, commercials, web series, and indie music. He has scored music for many Bollywood trailers such as Fukrey Returns (2017), Pari (2018), Mitron (2018 ), Dabbang 3 (2019), Baaghi 3 (2020), Gunjan Saxena (2020), Guilty (2020) and web series like and Hear me Love me (2018), Bandish Bandits (2020).
- In 2019, he composed the songs ‘Guide’ and ‘Troubled Land’ via T-Series in the Bollywood film Bypass Road, starring Neil Nitin Mukesh.
- He has worked with renowned composers like Vishal Dadlani, Sneha Khanwalkar, Kailash Kher, Shilpa Rao and many more indie artists.
- He produced music for the IPML’s Mumbai Team.
- Although Mayur used to make odd remixes and quirky music videos since 2014, his content caught the attention of the netizens amid the Covid-19 lockdown in 2020. He produced various mashups like Babu Babu, Kesariya Tony Kakkar Version, Chori Patata Hai, and Mujhe Drugs Do feat that went viral on social media. Arnab Goswami.
- His first meme mix that went viral was a video featuring Arnab Goswami’s dramatic announcement of the banning of Chinese apps in India. He talked about the same in an interview and said,
I started putting comical posts on my page rather than just showing off my singing prowess. Around the time TikTok was banned in India and Reels was picking up, I took an Arnab Goswami dialogue and mixed it with a beat. I thought it would make my then-less than 2k followers smile. The next day, it was everywhere.”
- Amidst the 2020 United States presidential election, Mayur created another viral mashup titled “Vivekamunand Mix feat Trump using Donald Trump‘s speech in which he had mispronounced Swami Vivekananda’s name. He was given the title of Hindustan Times Brunch Social Media Star of the Week in November 2020 for the clip.
- In 2021, Mayur used Tesher’s hit number ‘Jalebi Baby’ and mixed it with the dialogue “Sab gussa karte hai, main ghar chhod ke jaa raha hu ” from an old Dhara Oil advertisement to create the meme mix Jalebi Baby 90’s version, which went viral on Instagram. Numerous dog videos featured the audio in Instagram reels in which dog owners showed how their fur babies decide to leave home after getting scolded.
- In the same year, he received YouTube’s Silver Play Button for surpassing 100,000 subscribers.
- The content of Jumani’s clips ranged from dialogues from Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma (“Nimbu Pani feat Bapuji”) to exaggerated newsreaders on primetime to Rakhi Sawant’s rants, etc.
- He established an audio production house named Aux Media in January 2022.
- Interestingly, besides music, the field of Astrophysics intrigues Mayur. In an interview, he talked about Astrophysics and said,
I’ve been inquisitive about Astrophysics and the space-time continuum. Yeah, my career is music & my hobby is Astrophysics. I’m pretty weird that way.”