|Real Name||Govind Arun Ahuja|
|Nickname||Govinda, Chi Chi and Virar ka Chokra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 36 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Date of Birth||21 December 1963|
|Age (as in 2016)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||Virar, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Virar, Maharashtra, India|
|College||Annasaheb Vartak College, Vasai, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film Debut: Ilzaam (1986)|
|Family||Father- Arun Kumar Ahuja (Actor)
Mother- Nirmala Ahuja
Brother- Kirti Kumar (Actor)
Sister- Kamini Khanna (Writer)
Nephew- Krishna Abhishek (Actor)
Niece- Aarti Singh (Actress)
|Address||105, “Jal Darshan”, “A” Wing, Ruia Park Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049|
|Controversies||On 16 January 2008, he slapped Ray during the shooting of his film "Money Hai to Honey Hai" as Govinda alleged that he was misbehaving on the sets at Filmistan Studio, Mumbai. After this, Ray filed a complaint against Govinda but it was quashed by the Bombay High Court. After that, Ray went to the Supreme Court which issued a notice to Govinda and later offered an unconditional apology and 5 lakh (INR) compensation to the victim.
|Favourite Food||Moong dal, khichdi and bhindi|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Restaurant||Just Around The Corner in Mumbai and Ming Yang in Mumbai|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Neelam Kothari (Actress)
Rani Mukherji (Actress)
|Marriage Date||11 March 1987|
|Children||Daughter- Tina Ahuja (Actor)
Son- Yashvardhan Ahuja
|Salary||2-3 Crores/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Govinda
- Does Govinda Smoke?: Yes
- Does Govinda Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Govinda had a difficult childhood as his father who was an actor, was unable to work.
- His father came to India from Gujranwala, Punjab in Pakistan after the Indo-Pak separation in 1947.
- His mother, Nazeem who was Muslim before, who converted to Hinduism and was named as Nirmala Devi.
- He was rejected for a steward’s job at the Taj Mahal Hotel because his English wasn’t up to the mark.
- In his debut film Ilzaam, he made his mark with his dancing moves in the song I Am A Street Dancer.
- He doesn’t like any of his films except Hatya and Swarg.
- In 1994, his car collided with another car and he suffered head injuries. But, despite the bleeding, he didn’t cancelled the shoot.
- In 1999, he was voted as the 10th greatest star of stage or screen by BBC News.
- During the 90s, he transformed himself as one of the most finest comedy actors, and his chemistry with Kader Khan was impeccable.
- He was offered roles in hit films like Taal, Gadar and Devdas, but he rejected them.
- He started his political career in 2004 with Congress and won the Lok Sabha election after defeating Ram Naik of the Bharatiya Janata Party, but he struggled in politics and he finally quit in 2008.
- Once Salman Khan gifted him a Mercedes-Benz when he refused to take any fees from him.