Some Lesser Known Facts About Syeda Tuba Anwar
- Syeda Tuba Anwar is a Pakistani model, actor, and media executive. She is known for being the wife of Pakistani politician and actor Aamir Liaquat Hussain.
- Tuba was fond of acting and drama since childhood. She used to participate in various cultural and dance events in her school.
- She started her career as a model and participated in a number of modelling events. She walked the runway for various renowned designers of Pakistan.
- Later, Syeda appeared in a number of television commercials and she was also featured on the covers of various popular fashion magazines.
- On 5 May 2018, Syeda Tuba Anwar got married to Aamir Liaquat Hussain. Following the event, pictures from their walima ceremony’s went viral on social media. It was Aamir’s secound marriage. He was first married to Syeda Bushra Iqbal, a TV host, producer, lawyer, writer, and YouTuber. Together, the couple have two children, a daughter, Duaa Aamir, and a son, Ahmed Aamir.
- In 2020,seperation rumours about Syeda Tuba with her husband went viral in the Pakistani media. She revealed Aamir Liaquat Hussain divorced her over the phone. She posted an Instagram post about the situation, which read,
Salam. I think its time I bring about some clarity regarding my relationship with my ex husband Aamir Liaquat. He has divorced me. However, divorcing me is one thing, but doing it infront of Tuba on call at her request, was perhaps the most painful and traumatic thing for my children and I. I rest my case to Allah.”
- After a time period of almost one and a half year, actress Tuba announced her divorce with Aamir through a social media post, which quoted,
With a heavy heart, I want to make people aware of a development in my life. My close family and friends are aware that after a separation of 14 months, it was evident that there was no hope for reconciliation in sight and I had to opt to take khula from court. I cannot express how difficult it has been but I trust Allah and His plans. I would appeal to everyone that my decision is respected during these testing times.I cannot express how difficult it has been but I trust Allah and His plans. I would appeal to everyone that my decision is respected during these testing times.””
- Turning to her Instagram account, the 27-year-old actor posted a photo of herself with her parents and a thank-you note, expressing her thanks. She wrote,
Zindagi ki karakti dhoop mein ek saaye dar darkht ki tarhan… maa baap ki chaaon humein mehfoz rakhti hai… meri hayaat ki khushkismati ye hai ke mere maa baap mere sath hain… Allah pak tamam walidein ko sehat de Aameen… Alhamdullilah.”
- Syeda Tuba Anwar received huge criticism for after she posted about her separation from Aamir. Regarding this, she requested Islamic experts to speak up for women who chose to exercise their rights in accordance with Sharia and Pakistan’s constitution, calling the media’s allegations a “complete distortion.” Reacting to this, her husband commented,
Islam permits women to seek divorce if the marriage is no longer working. Taking a graceful exit from a toxic and abusive marriage is a right and not a sin. I still respect her and she is still my wife, however, she considers the marriage as null and void. I would accept Tuba if she comes back. I’ll consider [her] as my elder sister.”
- Aamir revealed in an interview with his third wife, Syeda Dania Shah, that he was ready to accept Syeda Tuba back as her wife. He said,
If she marries again, it will be illegitimate because her khula is void. According to the Shariah, khula also requires the husband’s consent, it requires both parties to sit together and mutually agree to end their marriage. I would like to tell Tuba that she can spend her life however she wishes, work, do whatever, but she should respect the bounds of religion. She can even come back to me if she wishes but Dania is here to stay.”
Adding to this, Dania said,
I won’t mind that either, I will consider her [Tuba] my elder sister. I am also doing a few serials with Urduflix and she may be in them too.”
- Syeda Tuba Anwar made her acting debut in 2020 with ARY Digital’s drama serial ‘Bharaas,’ where she played the role of Mina alongside Salman Saeed and Zubab Rana. Talking about her character, she narrated,
The girl I’m playing in Bharaas is called Mina. She’s someone who is straightforward, strong, is hardly seen crying in the play and is a working woman who stands up for herself, speaks the truth and accepts her mistakes. A fierce woman, she can differentiate between right and wrong.”
- During an interview, while talking about her journey of becoming an actor, she said,
I was working in the media behind the scenes since a long time, and during these years, I’ve had so many people tell me that I should do something in front of the camera and that I’d be great at it but I was never really sure. Almost 11 months back, I thought let’s give it a try and gave an audition at Six Sigma Plus and then later completely forgot about it. Then, months later, I got a call from them and they discussed this project with me. I wasn’t sure if I should go ahead with it because of the pandemic.”
- In November 2021, Syeda Tuba Anwar announced her association with Shahroz Sabzwari for their new drama serial called ‘Yeh Ishq Samjh Na Aye,’ written by Munim Majeed and directed by Jasim Abbas. She played the role of Nimra, a woman who belongs to a well established family and is ready to do anything for love. Talking about the show, she said,
So it will be altogether a different and refreshing screen. We are shooting in the most beautiful and unused spaces. So the overall look and feel of the drama will be an experience in itself for the viewer. The director Jasim Abbas has a vision and he makes sure he gets what he’s looking [for]. He takes his time on each frame. What I also love about working with him is he’s putting a lot of effort in cinematography along with the nitty gritty of the content/scene.”
- During a media interaction, the actress shared about her future goal regarding her acting career. She told the media that she will try not to do repetitive roles as she is more keen to experiment and explore her acting skills. She is also focused about learning new things from her seniors from the industry.
- Aamir Liaquat Hussain was discovered unconscious at his residence in Khudadad Colony, Karachi, on June 9, 2022, and transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The close relative told the media that,
Doctor Sahib was not feeling well and felt discomfort in his chest last night [night between Wednesday and Thursday] but refused to go to hospital,” his domestic help narrated. “We rushed to his room today [Thursday] after he screamed with pain. We broke open the door and found him unconscious.”
- Hussain was living in the Khudadad Colony of Karachi with his two domestic servants. Around 1 p.m., one of his servants gave the police the first piece of information. District East SSP Abdur Raheem Shirazi said,
The details of the items seized from the house cannot be disclosed as it is part of the investigations, The actual cause could be ascertained only after an autopsy. Hussain had passed away about 15 to 20 minutes before he was brought to hospital.”