Tanikella Bharani Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 68 Years
Education: Graduation In Commerce
|Profession(s)||Actor, Theatre Artist, Screenwriter, Film Director, Playwright, Poet|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film (Telugu; As a dialogue writer): Kanchu Kavacham (1985)
Film (Telugu; As an actor): Ladies Tailor (1985) as a policeman
Film (Tamil; As an actor): Veetla Visheshanga (1994) as an inspector
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega (2001) as Dakshina Murthy
Film (Telugu; As a director): Mithunam (2012)
• 2000: Best Villain for Samudhram
• 2002: Best Character Actor for Nuvvu Nenu
• 2013: Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer for Mithunam
• 2013: Special Jury Award for Best Director– Mithunam
• Sri Pada Subhramanya Sastry Literary Award for Polamuru
• Bhanumathi Award for Hyderabad
• Sri Vanamamalai Varadacharyulu Literary Award for Adilabad
• Fellowship Jawahar Bharathi for Kavali
• Allu Ramalingayyiah National Award for Hyderabad
• Akkineni Swarna Kankanam for Hyderabad
• Nagabhairava Koteswara Rao literary Award for Nellore
• Sangam Academy award for completing 25 years in Telugu Cinema
• Tenth Mumbai International Film Festival Award (2008)
• International Film Festival Award for Sira-The Ink (short film)
• Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskar (2022)
|Date of Birth||14 July 1954 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||68 Years|
|Birthplace||Secunderabad, Hyderabad (now Telangana)|
|Hometown||Jagannadhapuram Village, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||A railway school in Hyderabad|
|College/University||• Railway Degree College, Secunderabad, Telangana
• Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in Commerce from Railway Degree College, Secunderabad, Telangana
• Diploma in Drama from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana Tanikella Bharani’s Official Website
|Religion||Hinduism Facebook- Tanikella Bharani|
|Address||8-3-678/6, Soundarya Lahari, Pragathi Nagar, Yousufguda, Hyderabad – 500 045, Telangana State, India|
|Controversy||Crticised For The Lyrics of His Devotional Song
In 2021, he received huge critism for the lyrics of one of his devotional songs. The lyrics of the song were “Gappal goddaru gadde kodukulu .. nuvvundanga levantaru .. unnavo levo chevula jeppipora shabbashra Shankara” which means “Gappal is the son of a donkey Don’t wake up when you are! Zepipora of the ears whether you are or not Shabbash Ra Shankara.” JS News Times Later, he uplaoded an apology video on his facebook account, in which he said,
"I am not against anyone .. The video was released unconditionally apologizing. For the last few days I have been posting on Facebook saying ‘Shabash Ra Shankara ..’ However .. unfortunately some of the comments were known to have hurt some minds .. hurt. I do not want to give an explanation for it anymore. Because whatever is said is like covering up .. I join hands and apologize unconditionally. Also deleted that post .. I have no objection if all rationalists .. humanitarians miss the honor. Also no one has the right or the power to hurt any man. I want to apologize once again for the mistake .. Hello everyone.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||30 November 1988|
|Children||Son- Teja Tanikella (actor)
Daughter- Bhavani Tanikella
|Parents||Father- T. V. S. Srithanikella Ramalingeswara Rao
Mother- Lakshmi Narasamma
|Siblings||Tanikella has three elder brothers and three younger brothers.|
|Other Relatives||• Grand-Uncles- Diwakarla Venkatavadhani (Telugu language poet and orator) and Viswanatha Satyanarayana (Telugu writer)
• Great-Grand-Uncles- Tirupati Venkata-Kavulu (Telugu poet duo)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tanikella Bharani
- Tanikella Bharani is an Indian actor, theatre artist, screenwriter, film director, playwright, and poet, who mainly works in Telugu and Tamil films.
- His father was involved in various social activities. He used to distribute food to needy people during various natural calamities.
- While he was pursuing his graduation, he wrote a play titled ‘Adde Kompa’ for his college’s theatre group and won the first prize for it.
- He met one of the associates of the Telugu actor Rallapalli in the mid-70s and with his help, Tanikella started writing scenes and dialogues for various stage plays. A few years later, he shifted from Hyderabad to Chennai. He once played the role of a 70-year-old man in a theatre play titled ‘Mugimpi Lai Katha’ which was directed by Rallapalli. His performance in the play was applauded by the audience.
- Later, Rallapalli asked Tanikella to write plays for his theatre group ‘Sri Murali Kalanilayam.’ Tanikella then wrote 10 plays for the theatre group. All his plays were liked by the audience. Later, his play ‘Gograhanam’ received Sahitya Akademi Award.
- Apart from writing the plays, he has also performed in various theatre plays like Jambu Dweepam, Chal Chal Gurram, Naalugo Kothi, Kokkorokko, and Gaardhabhaandam.
- Tanikella has also worked in many Telugu playlets such as Gaardhabhanda, Grahanam Pattina Ratri, Sani Grahalu, Goyyi, Panjaram Lo Elaka, and Hulakki.
- He then got an offer to write dialogues for various TV shows of Doordarshan.
- He went on to work as a writer in many Telugu films like ‘Aalapana,’ ‘Pralayam,’ and ‘Ladies Tailor.’
- Some of his other popular Telugu films as a writer are ‘Varasudochadu’ (1987), ‘Maharshi’ (1988), ‘Chinnari Sneham’ (1988), Aadarsam’ (1993), ‘Lingababu Love Story’ (1995), and ‘Pattukondi Chuddam’ (1999).
- Tanikella has also worked as an actor in many Tamil and Telugu films. In the 90s era, he acted in the Telugu films like ‘Seetharamaiah Gari Manavaralu’ (1991), ‘Money Money’ (1994), ‘Big Boss’ (1995), ‘Pellichesukundam’ (1997), and ‘Samudram’ (1999).
- He then started getting more offers of Telugu films. In the early 2000s, he started appearing in more than 10 films a year. Some of his Telugu films from the 2000s are ‘Oka Pellam Muddu Rendo Pellam Vaddu’ (2004), ‘Political Rowdy’ (2005), ‘Chirutha’ (2007), ‘Rakta Charitra’ (2010), and ‘Dhada’ (2011).
- Tanikella has played supporting roles in many popular Telugu films like ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’ (2013), ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’ (2015), ‘Nela Ticket’ (2018), ‘Saaho’ (2019), and ‘Acharya’ (2022).
- He has also acted in Tamil films like ‘Mazhai’ (2005), ‘Bheemaa’ (2008), ‘Nootrenbadhu’ (2011), ‘Kalavaram’ (2014), and ‘Thozha’ (2016).
- Some of his Hindi films as an actor are ‘Rakht Charitra’ (2010), ‘Rakht Charitra 2’ (2010), and ‘Saaho’ (2019).
- Tanikella has directed a few award-winning Telugu short films.
- He has worked as a dubbing artist for various films such as ‘Bhamane Satyabhamane’ (Tamil; 1996), ‘Donga Dongadi’ (Telugu; 2004), ‘Aparichitudu’ (Tamil; 2005), ‘Himsinche Raju 23rd Pulikesi’ (Tamil; 2006), and ‘PS-1’ (Telugu; 2022).
- He has composed devotional songs for the music albums like ‘Nalona Sivudu Galadu’ (2005), ‘Shabhash Ra Shankara’ (2014), and ‘Naa Manasu Kothi Ra Rama’ (2017).
- He has also lent his voice to devotional songs such as “Enta Mosagadivayya Siva” (2005), “Nalona Sividu Galadu” (2005), “108 Shiva Tatvaalu” (2012), and “Votu Veyyakandi Naku” (2019).
- Tanikella has worked as an author. He has authored various Telugu books such as Parikini, Nakshatra Darsanam, Maathralu, and Endaro Mahanubavulu. Some of his spiritual books as an author are Aata Gadaraa Siva, Sabhashuraa Sankara, and Shabbash Ra Shankara.
- He is a spiritual person and is a devotee of Lord Shiva. He has been performing Harikatha in temples for a very long time. He has knowledge of the Hindu Purana ‘Bhagavata Purana.’
- Tanikella follows the teachings of his spiritual guru Sri Sannidhanam Taraka Brahmasastri.
- He has organised many spiritual events like ‘Ata Kadara Shiva’ in India and other countries like Dubai, Kuwait, and USA.
- He once presented a literary program called Sahiti Panchamritham in the USA.
- Tanikella is fluent in various languages such as Tamil, Telugu, English, and Hindi.
- In one of his spiritual events, he praised the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi for supporting Hindus in India. Twitter- KY He is often seen praising the work of the BJP.
- He loves reading books in his leisure time. He has a huge collection of books at his home.
|↑1||Tanikella Bharani’s Official Website|
|↑2||Facebook- Tanikella Bharani|
|↑3||JS News Times|