|Profession(s)||Music Composer & Poducer, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||• As a Music Composer/Producer
Bollywood: "Banno" from the film, Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015) with Vasu Shrivastava
Telugu: "Adbhutam" from the film, Lover (2018)
Malayalam: "Psycho Saiyaan" from the film, Saaho (2019)
Tamil: "Kadhal Psycho" from the film, Saaho (2019)
• As a Singer: "The Humma Song (remake)" from the film, Ok Jaanu (2017)
• As a Lyricist: "Baarish" from the film, Half Girlfriend (2017)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• International Indian Film Academy Awards for Best Music Director for the film "Badrinath Ki Dulhania" along with Amaal Mallik and Akhil Sachdeva in 2017
• Mirchi Music Award for Critics' Choice Upcoming Music Composer of the Year for the song "Bolna" from the film "Kapoor & Sons" in 2016
|Date of Birth||23 November 1980 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||39 Years|
|School||• Frank Anthony Public School, Kolkata
• Scottish Church Collegiate School, Kolkata
|College/University||City College, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science Loudest.in|
|Religion||Hinduism Film Companion|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Singing, Playing Cricket or Football|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Genevieve Baagchi Dmello
|Parents||Father- Nand Kumar Das (Musician)
Mother- Sarmistha Barman (Musician)
|Music Composer(s)||R. D. Burman, A. R. Rahman, Quincy Jones|
|Singer(s)||Michael Jackson, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Kiiara|
|Guitarist(s)||George Benson, Carlos Santana|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tanishk Bagchi
- Tanishk Bagchi was born into a Hindu Bengali Family in Kolkata.
- His father, Nand Kumar Das is a musician and plays blues and Jazz. His father also worked as an arranger with the veterans like R. D. Burman, Salil Chowdhary, and Satyajit Ray.
- His mother, Sarmistha is a Punjabi musician who plays the guitar and Piano. She also teaches western and classical music.
- His family follows a tradition, in which every member has a right to choose their own surnames. Kanishk’s father’s surname is ‘Das,’ and he took his grandfather’s surname ‘Bagchi’ as his last name.
- After he had left learning the piano, Kanishk started to sing. The people liked his voice and started to offer him to sing in shows; which became a medium of his earning.
- At the age of 12, he started to write songs in Hindi; because he loved to write in it. He slowly began to sing and produce melodies.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in studies and wanted to become a pilot.
- Kanishk never took music seriously; as he thought that musicians were not paid well, and he will not be able to support his family, financially, if he pursued music.
- Kanishk’s mother wanted him to become a musician and encouraged him to learn music. Eventually, at the age of 15, he understood his passion for music and started to learn music from his father.
- During his teens, he released his first album, which was recorded in Bengali and released at a fair in Kolkata.
- In an interview, Tanishk stated that the happiest memory of his childhood was when he sang for the first time for a radio channel. The song that he sang was “Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love for You” by George Benson.
- His first on-stage performance was at his college fest, where he sang the title song of the film “Dil Se” (1998) with the guitar. The crowd loved his performance and asked him to sing the song nine times at the event.
- In 2000, he came to Mumbai to make his career in the field of music. He started by taking up small assignments of music composition. He also worked for TV Channels and devotional music as a ghost composer.
- Tanishk Bagchi started his music career as a composer with Vayu Srivastava as a part of the musical duo “Tanishk-Vayu.” They composed music for the famous TV shows Dance India Dance and Thapki Pyar Ki.
- The aforesaid TV shows acted as a launchpad for them and the two were soon catapulted to Bollywood. Their debut Bollywood song “Banno” from the movie “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” (2015), became an instant chartbuster. In an interview, Tanishk said,
I waited for five years for the right break. Aanand L. Rai (director of Tanu Weds Manu Returns), heard a single titled Oopar Oopar that Vayu and I uploaded on YouTube and he liked it. The next thing we knew, we were presenting tunes for the film.”
- He made his debut as a solo composer with the song “Bolna” from the film “Kapoor and Sons” (2016).
- He has composed many blockbuster songs such as Bolna, The Humma Song, Badri Ki Dulhania (Title Track), Tamma Tamma Again (Remake), Baarish, Sweety Tera Drama, Rangtaari, Dholida, Dilbar, O Saki Saki, Hauli Hauli (Remake), and Aankh Marey.
- He has also composed music for various hit music albums and singles such as Leja Re, Vaaste, Choodiyan, Nai Jaana, and Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi.
- He has sung many blockbuster songs such as Twist Kamariya, Baaki Rab Pe Chod De, Makhna, Khud Se Zyada, and Maaserati.
- He has written lyrics for the various hit songs like Twist Kamariya, Gazab Ka Hai Din (remake), Sawarne Lage, Akh Lad Jaave, Ve Maahi, Hauli Hauli (Remake), Shehar Ki Ladki, and Wakhra Swag (Remake).
- Kanishk is a big fan of A. R. Rahman and the album “Thiruda Thiruda” (1993) of Rahman is his favourite one. Talking about it, Bagchi says-
It [had] the Blues and a lot of funk. It was something in the Michael Jackson space, yet so Indian and classical.”