Age: 43 Years
Wife: Sharmila Devi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tej Bahadur Yadav
- Does Tej Bahadur Yadav smoke:? Not Known
- Does Tej Bahadur Yadav drink alcohol:? Yes
- He was a BSF Jawan who was later dismissed on disciplinary ground.
- Tej Bahadur belongs to a family of freedom fighters; like his father, Sher Singh was also in the Indian Army and his grandfather, Ishwar Singh Azad had worked with Subhash Chandra Bose and was honoured with the Tamra Patra by the Haryana Government.
- In January 2017, he uploaded a video on his Facebook account in which he alleged about the bad quality of food and other items served to the troops. The video went viral on social media.
- A day after his video post, he was transferred to another location.
- According to the BSF officials, he had not been given any field duty for the past 4 years and was stationed at the headquarters.
- He has also been accused of being “chronic alcoholic.”
- BSF also revealed that in 2010, he had been court-martialed for indiscipline & for aiming a gun at a senior officer to him. However, he was not dismissed from the service (keeping in view of his family and his children) but was given rigorous imprisonment of 89 days.
- He has been awarded 16 times for his service in the BSF and has also won a gold medal for the Best BSF All-Rounder.
- He was to leave the Services on 31 January 2017 as he had applied for voluntary retirement.
- On 29 April 2019, during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Samajwadi Party fielded him against Narendra Modi in Varanasi.