|Full name||Tharun Bhascker Dhaassyam Instagram - Tharun Bhascker Dhaassyam|
• Television Presenter
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters-177 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Debut||Director: Telugu film 'Pelli Choopulu' (2016)
Actor: Telugu film 'Mahanati' (2018)
Director and Writer: Telugu Short film 'Highderabad' (2011)
|Awards||National Film Awards
• Best Feature Film in Telugu for the film 'Pelli Choopulu' in 2017
• Best Screenplay for Dialogues for the Telugu film 'Pelli Choopulu' in 2017
Filmfare Awards South
• Best Director for the Telugu film 'Pelli Choopulu' in 2017
South Indian International Movie Awards
• Best Debut Director (Telugu) for the Telugu film 'Pelli Choopulu' in 2017
Santosham Film Awards
• Best Debut Director for the Telugu film 'Pelli Choopulu' in 2017
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Madras (now Chennai)|
|School||The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet, Hyderabad|
Institute of Technology, Secunderabad, Telangana
• New York Film Academy, Los Angeles
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering (2006-2010)
• Diploma in Filmmaking (2011) Tharun Bhascker - LinkedIn
|Religion||Hinduism Tharun Bhascker - Instagram|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Travelling, Tennis, and Swimming|
|Controversy||Tharun Bhascker's complaint against online trolling
In 2020, Tharun Bhascker filed a complaint with Cyber Crime Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) S.Harinath in Gachibowli, Hyderabad after being heavily trolled for sharing an Instagram story about the Telugu film Kappela. He shared a Kappela movie poster on his Instagram post. He included a quote in the caption, which reads,
There is no hero screaming loudly or having multiple slo-mo gravity-defying introduction scenes or action blocks with a background score. There are no long speeches on farmers, soldiers or India in the last 10 minutes. Still, these are also called movies"India Today
Later, a number of individuals on social media abused him and his team on Instagram, which forced Tharun to lodge a complaint. In the complaint, he stated that his comment was exaggrated.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||20 November 2013
|Wife/Spouse||Latha Naidu (Production and Costume Designer)
|Parents||Father- Late Vudhay Bhascker Dhaassyam (Executive Engineer at Water Resources Departement)
Mother- Geetha Bhascker Dhaassyam (actor, teacher)
|Siblings||He is the only child of his parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tharun Bhascker
- Tharun Bhascker is an Indian film director, actor, writer, and television presenter. He is known for directing the Telugu film ‘Pelli Choopulu’ (2016).
- Tharun was fascinated by art and filmmaking since childhood. Tharun Bhascker, when he was in class 6, travelled alone to Mysore to represent his state in the field of arts.
- In 2000, Tharun Bhascker represented India on behalf of South East Asian Countries in the International Fresco Competitions.
- Tharun Bhascker started his filmmaking journey when he was in class 12. He made a montage of shots of his friends for the graduation ceremony, which everyone praised. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
The appreciation was so intoxicating for me that decided to pursue in it seriously.”
- When Tharun was pursuing his graduation, he started visiting theatres and attended producers with his script.
- Tharun Bhascker approached a film personality with his first script; however, the producer soon backed out on his inability to generate funds.
- Later, Tharun, when he was in his third year of engineering college, started working on the script of Pelli Choopulu.
- In 2016, he directed the Telugu film ‘Pelli Choopulu’ which earned accolades for its unique storyline. Subsequently, he worked as a writer and director for the Telugu film Ee Nagaraniki Emaindi (2018).
- In 2018, he made his acting debut with the Telugu film Mahanati in which he portrayed the role of Singeetam Srinivasa Rao.
- Later, Tharun made his appearance in various Telugu films like Sammohanam (2018), Falaknuma Das (2019), and Skylab (2021).
- In 2022, he appeared in the Telugu film Sita Ramam in which he played the role of Balaji.
- He has worked as a writer and director for many Telugu short films like Highderabad (2011), Kaala Ghoda (2011), and The Journey (2011). In 2012, his Telugu short film ‘Anukokunda’ was screened at the 2013 Cannes Festival.
- In 2020, he hosted an ETV’s Telugu show titled ‘Neeku Maathrame Cheptha.’
- Tharun Bhascker’s directed film ‘Pelli Choopulu’ was remade in Hindi as Mitron (2018), in Malayalam as Vijay Superum Pournamiyum (2019), and in Tamil as Oh Manapenne! (2021).
- Tharun Bhascker is a director of Vinoothna Geeta Media, a media organisation. He is also a co-founder and director of another media organization named Sainma.
- In an Interview, Tharun talked about his father and said that his father passed away before the production process of his film Pelli Choppulu (2016), He quoted,
The onslaught of pain and insults were beyond my capacity of sustenance. I couldn’t help seeing my mother bear the brunt of all the financial hassle. Yet, I was confident of success someday or sooner.” Untoldstoryof.com
- In an interview, Tharun shared that once he received a remake offer from Salman KhanTelegu for his Telugu film Pelli Choppulu (2016); however, he denied the offer. India Herald
- Tharun Bhascker’s uncle Varun Bhaskar is a politician who has served as an MLA from the Warangal West constituency in Telangana.
- Tharun is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Coffee.