|Other name||Murli Sharma Facebook- Murli Sharma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||Film (Hindi; As an actor): Dil Vil Pyar Vyar (2002)
Film (Telugu; As an actor): Athidhi (2007) as Qaiser/Ajay Sastry
Film (Marathi; As an actor): Ajintha (2012) as Mukhiya
Film (Malayalam; As an actor): Karma Yodha (2021) as Khais Khanna
|Date of Birth||9 August 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Roshan Taneja School of Acting, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation
• Diploma in Acting from Roshan Taneja School of Acting, Mumbai Indian Television
|Ethnicity||Half- Marathi (from his father’s side) and Half-Telugu (from his mother’s side) Wikipedia- Murali Sharma|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Instagram- Ashwini Kalsekar|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||22 March 2009|
|Wife/Spouse||Ashwini Kalsekar (Actress)
|Parents||Father- Vrijbhushan Sharma (passed away in 2019 due to age-related ailments)
Mother- Padma Sharma (died due to cardiac arrest)
|Siblings||He has two brothers.|
|Actor(s)||Vennela Kishore and Govinda|
|Film Director(s)||Rohit Shetty, Farah Khan, Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Book||You Can Win by Shiv Khera|
|TV Personality||Shekhar Suman|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Murali Sharma
- Murali Sharma is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Hindi and Telugu cinema.
- He used to participate in stage plays while he was in school and college. He even bunked his classes in school and college to watch films of the Indian actors Amitabh Bachchan and Anil Kapoor.
- During an interview, he shared his experience of working in the Indian theatre. He said
Theatre is the best medium to connect with the audience. I have been blessed with an auto mode function that starts working the moment the role is being explained to me and this guides me in performing. One thing I ensure is the reading of scene with all the actors at least three times before shooting, to ensure that we are on the same page.”
- While giving an interview, he shared that he had faced various problems in the initial years of his career as an actor. He said,
Well, there weren’t any good acting opportunities coming my way and I needed to earn my living. Not that it was easy getting jobs as an assistant director either. I approached quite a few directors like Mahesh Bhatt, Rahul Rawail and Vidhu Vinod Chopra but met with little luck. I changed jobs every week. Later, I worked as an assistant to Kavita Chaudhary, but even that didn’t work out.”
- After completing a diploma in acting, he auditioned for various TV serials and films. He then got an offer to play the role of Doctor Salim in the Hindi TV serial ‘Ghar Jamai’ (1997). Murali has appeared in various Hindi TV serials including ‘Saaya’ (1998), ‘Rishtey’ (1998), ‘Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ (2009), and ‘Paltan Meri Shaan’ (2015).
- He gained immense popularity with his role of Devsare in the 2003 Hindi film ‘Maqbool.’ He then played the role of Khan in the Hindi film ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2004) which was well received by the audience.
- In 2005, while he was shooting for the Hindi film ‘Apaharan,’ he became friends with his co-actress Ashwini Kalsekar. At that time, Ashwini was divorced from her first husband, Nitesh Pandey. Soon they fell in love with each other, and later, they got married.
- He then appeared in Hindi films like ‘Masti’ (2004), ‘Mangal Pandey: The Rising’ (2005), ‘Apaharan’ (2005), and ‘Dhamaal’ (2007).
- Some of the Hindi films in which his acting skills were well appreciated are ‘Golmaal Returns’ (2008), ‘Dabangg’ (2010), ‘Singham’ (2011), ‘Badlapur’ (2015), and ‘Major’ (2021).
- Some of his Telugu films are ‘Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum’ (2012), ‘Yevadu’ (2014), ‘Dwaraka’ (2017), and ‘Awe’ (2018).
- He has also acted in Marathi films such as ‘Vijay Aso’ (2013), ‘Poshter Boyz’ (2014), ‘Guru’ (2016), and ‘Ghantaa’ (2016).
- Murali Sharma did not charge fees for the Hindi film ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ in which he played the role of Godbole. The Times of India
- In his leisure time, he loves to read books and do photography.
- He is a linguist and has a command over 5 languages, i.e., Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujarati.
- He has won various awards for acting such as Nandi Award for the Best Villain in 2007 for ‘Athidhi’ and SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Telugu for ‘Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo’ in 2021.
- In an interview, while sharing his fitness routine, he said,
I walk for an hour each day, now my walk extends to an hour and 45 minutes because people stop me on the way. They don’t just tell me that they liked the film or my performance, they discuss specific scenes.”
- Murali loves cooking, and he is a big foodie. During an interview, he shared his love for cooking. He said,
Oh… I love to cook. And I think my passion to cook comes from my passion to eat. Cooking is also very relaxing and a great stress buster for me. When there is no shoot, I and Ashwini both end up cooking most of the time. It’s fun.”