Some Lesser Known Facts About Timo Werner
- Does Timo Werner smoke?: Not Known
- Does Timo Werner drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father himself was a professional footballer.
- In his childhood, he used to run up the mountains with his father to improve his stamina and athleticism.
- He was a big Mario Gomez fan; growing up. In an interview, he told that he had posters of him in his room when he was 11-12 years old.
- Unlike many young professional footballers, he did finish his high school. His mother wanted him to finish his school education before becoming a professional footballer.
- In 2010, he debuted for his country in the U-15 level, scoring a hat-trick against Poland.
- He joined VfB Stuttgart youth academy to build his game and be technically sound.
- At the age of 16, he was promoted to the U-19 squad of the club. He scored 25 goals in the campaign.
- In 2013, he won Fritz Walter gold medal, an annual award given by the German Football Association to young talents; in the U-17 category.
- He made his debut for the senior side in the 2013-2014 season at the age of 17, making him the youngest player in history to play for Stuttgart.
- On 10 November 2013, he scored a brace against SC Freiburg, making him the youngest player to score two goals in one match in Bundesliga.
- In 2015, he won Fritz Walter silver medal in the U-19 category.
- On 11 June 2016, he joined RB Leipzig and netted 21 goals in the 2016-2017 season, earning his team a place in the UEFA Champions League, the first time in the club’s history.
- He debuted for the German senior squad on 22 March 2017 in a friendly against England.
- Joachim Löw, the German national team coach, was very impressed with his talent and included him in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup’s German squad; handing him the responsibility of leading the front line.
- In 2017, he won the Golden Boot in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, scoring three goals and leading his country to the winners’ podium after beating Chile in the final by 1-0.
- At the age of 22, he is the striker of his national side representing his country in the FIFA World Cup 2018.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)