|Full Name||Leander Adrian Paes|
|Nickname(s)||Speedy, Tiger, Mogli|
|Profession||Professional Tennis Player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 155 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Turned Pro||In 1991|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (1996–97)
• Arjuna Award (1990)
• Padma Shri (2001)
• Padma Bhushan (2014)
|Date of Birth||17 June 1973|
|Age (as in 2017)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||La Martiniere Calcutta|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, University of Calcutta|
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mahima Chaudhary (2000-2003) Actress
Rhea Pillai (2005-2014)
Daughter- Aiyana Paes
|Parents||Father- Vece Paes (Professional Hockey Player)
Mother- Jennifer Paes (Professional Basketball Player)
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Sean Connery|
|Favourite Movies||Dances With Wolves, The Natural, Bourne Identity|
|Favourite Tennis Players||Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer|
|Favourite Icecream||Haagen Dazs mint chocolate chip|
|Favourite Food||Southern Indian with rice, rasam (a broth you put in the rice), with Chicken, Sushi|
|Favourite Music||R&B, Soul, Jazz|
|Cars Collection||Ford Endeavour, Porsche Cayenne|
|Salary (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$6 Million (₹40 Crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Leander Paes
- Does Leander Paes smoke?: No
- Does Leander Paes drink alcohol?: No
- He was born in a family that loved sports. His father is an Olympic Medal winner Hockey player and his mother represented India in Basketball.
- At the age of 12, he joined Britannia Amritraj Tennis Academy in Chennai.
- In 1999, Paes with Bhupathi reached finals of all four Grand Slams, winning Wimbledon and French Open.
- He also won the mixed doubles with Lisa Raymond in the 1999 Wimbledon.
- This year also marked his ascent to the no. 1 ranking in doubles.
- Paes and Bhupathi won the gold medal at the 2002 Asian Games in Busan.
- He had a relationship with Bollywood actress Mahima Chaudhary but they separated after some time. Mahima Chaudhary, in a statement, revealed that the reason behind their separation was that he cheated on her.
- In 2003, he was diagnosed with neurocysticercosis, a parasitic brain infection and had to miss the French Open. He was fully recovered by the end of the year.
- After 2003, he started concentrating more on his doubles game.
- He shared a great bond with Mahesh Bhupathi, but they had a fallout in 2006 after winning the Doubles Gold in Asian Games. Though in 2008 Olympics, they were paired together again but lost in the quarter-finals.
- In 2010, he joined the Board of Directors of Olympic Gold Quest.
- In the 2012 Olympics, Sania Mirza was partnered with Paes. She wasn’t truly happy with the pairing; as in a statement she said, she would have liked to be paired with Bhupathi. Both Bhupathi and Bopanna also rejected to play with Paes in the doubles and he ended up teaming with Vardhan.
- In 2012, he tried his hand in acting; marking his debut in Bollywood with the movie “Rajdhani Express”.
- In 2014, Rhea Pillai filed domestic violence case against him. He is also fighting her for the custody of their daughter.
- His daughter was diagnosed with Brain Tumor. Though this didn’t make anything better between Leander and Rhea.
- He was named the Sports Ambassador of the state of Haryana.