|Full Name||Umair Jaswal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 16 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 December 1986|
|Age (as in 2016)||30 Years|
|Birth Place||Multan, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|College/University||University of London
Bahria University, Islamabad
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate in Geo-sciences|
Singles: Tanha (2009)
Album (As a Band Member): Uss Paar (2011)
TV: Mor Mahal (2016)
Lahore Film Industry: Yalghaar(2017)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (Scientist)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brothers- Uzair Jaswal (Singer, Actor)
Yasir Jaswal (Singer, Writer, Film-maker)
|Controversy||The song, 'Sammi Meri Waar,' that he sang with Qurat-ul-Ain-Balouch, popularly known as QB, in the Coke Studio Season 8 in 2015, brought his name to the trending section on social media. He also received hateful emails for the same. Umair in an interview said, “The reason why it all felt so out of place was maybe because I was moving like anything and QB stood still. There was a huge contrast there.” Rather than following the trend of posting a video or an apologetic post, Umair chose to share the parody videos and memes that made fun of his actions, which helped him improve his image among his fans.|
|Favourite Music Composer||Sarmad Ghafoor|
|Favourite Film||Hollywood: The Godfather|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Bike Collection||Harley Davidson Custom 48 Sportster
Some Lesser Known Facts About Umair Jaswal
- Does Umair Jaswal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Umair Jaswal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Unknown to a number of people, he is the son of a renowned scientist and has a masters degree in geosciences.
- His family belongs to the musical world, as both his brothers are singers.
- Umair co-founded multi-award winning band ‘Qayaas’ in 2007. This is the first ever Pakistani band to have been invited to the United States’ biggest festival ‘South by SouthWest.’
- At the 2012 IndieGo Music Awards, he was honoured with the ‘Best Rock Vocalist in South Asia’ title. His band, Qayaas, received the ‘Best Rock Band’ award, and the song ‘Shehrezade’ won ‘Best Rock Song’ award.
- After having performed in the Coke Studio as a band member, he decided to appear in the show as a solo performer in the following season. In the first episode, he sang ‘Khayal,’ which got featured in a 2013 Pakistani action thriller film, Waar. Two other songs of the band were also featured in the same film.
- He was the Pakistan Ambassador of Youth and Peace for International Human Rights Commission for a month in early 2014.
- Umair worked with Shahnameh Heritagewear as a Model in 2015. He was featured on their Eid collection photoshoot.
- The criticism which his Coke Studio Season-8 performance with QB received was overshadowed by the immensely positive response. The video had grossed over 2 million views in just 2 weeks of its release.
- His opening song, ‘Khaki Banda,’ at the Coke Studio Season-9 was nominated for Song of the Year at the 2016 Lux Style Awards.
- He is the first Pakistani artist to be featured on Coke Studio for four consecutive seasons.
- At the 2016 Pakistan Youth Summit held in Dubai, Umair addressed a huge crowd of youngsters. He stressed on the value of education while shedding his views on differences in public and private schooling.