|Real Name||Muhammad Atif Aslam|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||12 March 1983|
|Age (as in 2018)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Wazirabad, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|School(s)||Kimberley Hall School, Lahore
St. Paul’s Cambridge School, Rawalpindi
Divisional Public School, Lahore
|College/University||Punjab Institute of Computer Science, Lahore|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor in Computer Science (B.C.S.)|
|Debut||Album: Jal Pari (2006)
Singing: "Wo Lamhe" song from the film Zeher (2005, Bollywood)
Acting: Bol (2011)
|Hobbies||Sketching, Playing Cricket, Travelling|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2005: Indus Music Awards for Best Lyrics, Best Song, Best Composition for his song "Aadat", Sahara Sangeet Awards for Best Playback Singer and Best Debut Singer
Government of Pakistan
2008: Honoured with Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (Medal of Distinction) by the Government of Pakistan
2010: Pakistan Media Awards for Best Singer (Male)
2013: The BrandLaureate International Awards for Brand Personality
|Controversies||• His debut album "Jal Pari" in 2004 attracted a controversy for having a copyright issue.
• In 2010, a fake news about his death went viral on the internet. It all started when popular blogs gave news regarding it due to various reasons i.e. backbone injury, throat cancer. Actually, during a concert, he fell down after which he was taken to the nearest hospital which was a Cancer hospital. So, this is how it all started.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sara Bharwana (Educationist)|
|Marriage Date||March 28, 2013|
|Wife/Spouse||Sara Bharwana (Educationist, m.2013-present)
|Children||Son- Ahad (born in 2014)
|Parents||Father- Muhammad Aslam
Mother- Rehana Shaheen
|Siblings||Brothers- Shahbaz (Designer), Shahzad (Photographer), Sheraz
|Favourite Food(s)||Biryani, Aloo Palak|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Parinda, Yugpurush
Hollywood: Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Fight Club, Castaway, Legends of the Fall
|Favourite Song(s)||Zindagi Ka Safar by Kishore Kumar, Tu Mera Dil Tu Meri Jaan by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, My Confession by Richard Marx, Where Were You by Pink Floyd|
|Favourite TV Shows||Friends, Mr Bean, and Voltron Series|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, White|
|Cars Collection||Ford Comet Classic, Toyota Crown Classic, Audi Sport, Lexus RX|
|Salary (approx.)||₹9-10 lakh/song|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹150 Crore ($22 Million) (PKR 268 Crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Atif Aslam
- Does Atif Aslam smoke?: No
- Does Atif Aslam drink alcohol?: Not Known
- By the age of 14, he had completed his 10th standard and was the youngest among all his classmates to do so.
- Initially, he dreamt of becoming a cricketer, and he wanted to be a part of Pakistan’s National Cricket Team.
- His parents wanted him to become a doctor, but he chose computer engineering.
- Atif also first performed at a fancy dress competition as the captain of Pakistan Cricket Team, Imran Khan.
- Atif’s hidden talent of singing was observed by his friends first, and they informed his parents about Atif’s interest.
- During his college days, he did his first competitive performance at the Independence Day function and won the competition, which motivated him a lot.
- During his college, he fell in love with Sara Bharwana, and the couple tied the knot in 2013 after seven years of courtship period.
- At the age of 22, his first album Jal Pari was released on 17 July 2004.
- His debut film Bol was critically acclaimed by everyone and became one of the highest grossing Pakistani films at that time.
- He, along with Goher Mumtaz, formed a band named Jal, where they recorded the song “Aadat” that became very much popular and made Atif a star overnight. Moreover, he recorded the song with his own pocket money. Here’s the video of the song:
- Soon, he left the Jal band because there were some arguments between him and Goher; as both wanted to make their brothers the head of the band.
- His first real concert was held at McDonald’s, where he earned an amount of 500 rupees (PKR).
- He is the youngest recipient of Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (Star of Excellence), the 4th highest decoration given to any civilian in Pakistan.
- He loves making sketches in his free time.
- He has also done some free live concerts for charity.
- Atif loves his evil smile and considers it as his best feature.
- He doesn’t make friends in one meet; as he once shared that he first observe people and then decides to be friends with them or not. He also told that he could look into someone’s eyes and get to know what they want.