|Real Name||Urjit R Patel|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||28 October 1963|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Gujarati community run Visa Oswal Primary School in Nairobi
Jamhuri High School in Nairobi
|College||London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom
University of Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Yale University, Connecticut, USA
|Educational Qualifications||BA from London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom
M. Phil. from University of Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Doctorate in Economics from Yale University, Connecticut, USA
|Family||Father- Ravindra Patel
Brother- Not Known
Sister- 1 (lives in New Jersey, United States)
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Urjit Patel
- Urjit Patel is considered as an eminent economist, banker, and consultant.
- He was born in Nairobi, Kenya.
- His grandfather migrated to Kenya from Gujarat in the early 20th century.
- His father was also born in Kenya and had a business of spare parts in Nairobi.
- In 1990, he received his Doctorate in Economics from Yale University.
- He joined the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as a Kenyan citizen.
- He worked on the Bahamas, India, USA and Myanmar desks at IMF from 1990 to 1995.
- In 1996-1997, he was deputed to the Reserve Bank of India from IMF, and after completing two years of deputation at the RBI; he became Consultant to the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) of the Government of India and remained at that post from 1998 to 2001.
- He learned Gujarati and Hindi only after his posting in India.
- In 2013, he was appointed as Deputy Governor of the RBI and headed a committee on Monetary Policy Reform.
- Before becoming the Deputy-Governor of the RBI in 2013, he had applied for the Indian Passport and his recommendation letter to the Home Ministry was written by none other than Manmohan Singh (the then Prime Minister of India).
- In 2016, he was re-appointed as Deputy Governor of the RBI.
- On 4 September 2016, he became the 24th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- He has a very small circle of friends and is considered as a “jolly fellow.”
- He lives with his mother in a small apartment in Mumbai.
- According to sources, earlier, he had declined an offer to head the BRICS bank in Shanghai.
- On 10 December 2018, he quit as RBI Governor amid a feud with the Central Government. He stepped down from the post; citing personal reasons. In his letter, he wrote:
On account of personal reasons, I have decided to step down from my current position effective immediately.”
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)