Vignesh Shivan Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Marriage Date: 9 June 2022
Age: 37 Years
|Other name(s)||• Vignesh Shivn Hindustan Times
• Vignesh ShivN Facebook
|Nickname||Vicky SIIMA YouTube|
|Famous For||Being the fiance of Nayanthara|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||As an Actor: Sivi (2007) (Tamil) as Krishna's friend
As a Film Director and Writer: Podaa Podi (2012) (Tamil)
As a Film Producer: Netrikann (2021) (Tamil)
As a Distributor: Rocky (2021) (Tamil)
As a Lyricist: 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna' for the Tamil film Podaa Podi
|Awards||• SIIMA Award for Best Lyricist in 2019
• Behindwoods Gold Mic Music Award in 2019
|Date of Birth||18 September 1985 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||Santhome Higher Secondary School in Mylapore, Chennai|
|Controversies||• In 2022, an FIR was lodged against Vignesh Shivan and Nayanthara for promoting rowdies through their production company, Rowdy Pictures. IndiaGlitz
• In 2022, a complaint was registered against his production company when Vignesh used firecrackers to celebrate the announcement of his next film AK 62. Times of India
• After Nayanthara and Vignesh Shivan announced that they have become parents to twin boys on 9 October 2022, some reports claimed that they concealed that the babies were conceived through surrogacy, and it was also doubted whether procedures stipulated by the Indian surrogacy laws were followed by the couple or not. During a press conference, Tamil Nadu Health Minister Ma Subramanian said that an inquiry will be conducted for the same. He said, "The surrogacy itself is subjected to a lot of debates. But, the law allows individuals to involve in surrogacy if they are above 21 years and below 36 years of age, with the approval of the family." The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||9 June 2022
|Marriage Place||A resort in Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu|
|Children||On 9 October 2022, Nayanthara and Vignesh Shivan announced that they have become parents to twin boys. The Indian Express|
|Parents||Father- Late Sivakozhundhu (Superintendent of Police)
Mother- Meena Kumari (retired inspector in Vadapalani police station)
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
|Cricketer||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Singer||A. R. Rahman|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vignesh Shivan
- Vignesh Shivan is an Indian director, actor, lyricist, writer, and producer who works in Tamil cinema. He is engaged to South Indian actress Nayanthara.
- He started his career with a short film, Podaa Podi, as a director, writer, and actor. Reportedly, it took him four years to complete the film.
- In 2012, he directed a Tamil song, The Love Anthem. Later, he directed many Tamil songs including Chancey Illa (2014) and Enakenna Yaarum Illaye (2015).
- In 2013, he wrote the Tamil song ‘Engadi Poranthae’ for the film Vanakkam Chennai.
- In 2014, he did a cameo in the Tamil film Velaiyilla Pattathari; he appeared as an engineer in the film.
- In 2015, he wrote and directed the Tamil film Naanum Rowdydhaan in which Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara appeared in lead roles; Vignesh Shivan received the Best Director Award at SIIMA Awards for the film.
- Later, he wrote and directed many Tamil films such as Thaanaa Serndha Koottam (2018), Paava Kadhaigal (2020), and Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal (2022).
- In 2018, he appeared on the cover of Galatta Cinema magazine.
- He considers Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni his role model.
- Vignesh Shivan and Nayanthara together run a production company, Rowdy Pictures Pvt. Ltd.
- In 2021, he got engaged to his girlfriend Nayanthara in a private ceremony. Later, Nayanthara talked about her engagement and wedding plans. She said,
It was my engagement ring. We are private people so we didn’t want to have a grand ceremony. When we decide to get married, we will definitely inform our fans. Our engagement happened in the presence of our immediate family members. We haven’t decided on our wedding yet.”
|↑5||Times of India|
|↑6, ↑7||The Indian Express|