|Other name||Karann Nathh Planet Bollywood|
|Profession(s)||Model and Actor|
|Famous Role||Karan Malhotra in 'Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa’ (2002)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||Film (Child Actor): Mr. India (1987)
Film (Actor): Paagalpan (2001) as Sameer Malhotra
TV (Contestant): Bigg Boss OTT (2021)
|Date of Birth||24 May|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Rakesh Nath (celebrity manager and film producer)
Mother- Reema Rakesh Nath (film writer)
|Siblings||Sister(s)- Dakshina Nath and Shaina Nath (actress and producer)
|Other Relatives||Grandfather- D. K. Sapru (actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan Nath
- Karan Nath is an Indian actor and former model.
- He was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- While he was in school and college, he used to play Tennis at the national level.
- Before making his career in acting, he did an acting course from the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, Mumbai, and he trained in dance under the Shiamak Davar Dance Academy, Mumbai. YouTube
- His father, Rakesh Nath, has been working as the manager of the veteran Indian actress Madhuri Dixit for a long time.
- He gained immense popularity with his film ‘Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa’ in 2002 in which he was paired opposite Jividha Sharma.
- Some of his other Hindi films are ‘LOC Kargil’ (2003), ‘Tera Kya Hoga Johnny’ (2009), and ‘Guns of Banaras’ (2020).
- During an interview, he shared that after the success of his film ‘Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa,’ his other films fail to do well at the box office. In the same interview, he talked, about the struggling phase in his career. He said,
I mean, you know, I started off with success, after that, I failed and I had to struggle. I have been through all that, it’s been topsy-turvy, ups and downs, but these things make you tough in life. When you go through such phases it makes you tough and it makes you a better person.”
- According to some media sources, during the failures of his films, he went through severe depression, and he took a break from the films. Woman’s Era In an interview, he about it and said,
I think this is a question that I have to ask God. He wanted me to struggle, work hard and wait for a while before things finally fall into place. I was waiting for the right script to get back in films with. All of us go through hardships in life. It either makes you strong or turns it into a weak person. I think the setbacks I faced in my life made me a much stronger person.”
- He participated as a contestant in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss OTT’ in 2021 hosted by the famous Indian producer Karan Johar. In an interview, ha talked to the reporters before entering the Bigg Boss OTT house. He said,
I just don’t know how to cook. I mean mai kya khana banunga sab ke liye agar mujhe kaam de diya toh, mujhe bus issi baat ka tension hai. I come from a family where we go way back in our roots in Bollywood, my nana ji was a very famous actor. I know my parents would be watching me, my sisters, my friends, my little nephew will be watching me. So I do have that responsibility and that pressure. When I come out of the show, I want to come out with respect and dignity. I do have a responsibility to not lose it, to not to go crazy, but definitely, you’ll be seeing me doing everything but in a respectful way.”
- During an interview, he shared that he considered Madhuri Dixit as his elder sister.
- Nath is a dog lover and has two pet dogs Sophie and Nutsy. He even celebrates the birthdays of his dogs and has uploaded pictures of them on his social media accounts.
- He is a religious person and has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.