|Real Name||Vijay Keshav Gokhale|
|Profession||Indian Civil Servant|
|Major Designation(s)||• Director (China and East Asia)
• Joint Secretary (East Asia)
• Deputy Secretary (Finance)
• Director General, India Taipei Association, Taiwan
• High Commissioner (Ambassador) to Malaysia (2010-2013)
• Ambassador to Germany (2013-2016)
• Secretary (Economics)
• Ambassador to China (2015)
• Foreign Secretary (2018)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1959|
|Age (as in 2017)||58 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|College/University||The University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||MA in History|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Favourite Leader||Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Salary (As Foreign Secretary of India)||INR 26000 (Basic Pay) + other Allowances|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Keshav Gokhale
- Does Vijay Keshav Gokhale smoke?: Not Known
- Does Vijay Keshav Gokhale drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Gokhale is a 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer.
- In January 2018, the Government of India appointed him its new Foreign Secretary.
- During the Doklam crisis, Mr. Gokhale had been widely credited with conducting delicate but tough diplomatic negotiations in Beijing. His negotiations led to a peaceful resolution of the 70-day military standoff, which ended just before Narendra Modi travelled to China for the BRICS summit in August 2017.
- His colleagues consider him as a “traditionalist” diplomat, “bound by rules” and who “works under the radar.”
- He has a long experience in dealing with East Asia (China in particular).
- Mr. Gokhale is also known for his fluency in the Chinese language.
- He has an outstanding proven track record in dealing with the neighbourhood.
- According to sources, Prime Minister Modi noticed Mr. Gokhale’s work during his tenure as Ambassador to Germany (2013-2016), when he successfully organised the PM’s visit to inaugurate the Hanover-Messe in 2015 where the “Make in India” programme was launched by the government.
- He has also served in Indian missions in Hong Kong, Hanoi, Beijing and New York.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)