|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film, Kannada: Nagamandala (2007)
Film, Tamil: Poonthottam (1998)
Film, Malayalam: Devadoothan (2000)
TV, Tamil: Vasantham (2007)
TV, Kannada: Bangarada Bete (2008)
TV, Telugu: Suryavamsham (2015)
|School||She did her schooling from Bengaluru. Wikipedia|
|Caste||Tamil Saiva Vellala Pillai Book Depository|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Srujan Lokesh (Kannada Actor)|
|Fiance||Srujan Lokesh (ex-fiance)
|Siblings||Sister- Usha Devi
Some Lesser Known Facts Vijayalakshmi
- Vijayalakshmi is an Indian film and TV actor.
- Her father hailed from Nagercoil, southern Tamil Nadu.
- Her mother is a Sri Lankan Tamil and she relocated to India due to the 1984 riots in Sri Lanka.
- Her marriage with the Kannada actor, Srujan Lokesh was scheduled in March 2007, but later, their engagement was called off. Silver Screen, India
- She won Filmfare Award for Best Actress in Kannada for her debut Kannada film, ‘Nagamandala.
- She has appeared in various Kannada films, like ‘Arunodaya’ (1999), ‘Naxalite’ (2000), ‘Mahatma’ (2000), ‘Jogula’ (2003), ‘Nannalla’ (2011), and ‘Fighter’ (2018).
- She has appeared in many Tamil films, like ‘Friends’ (2001), ‘Yes Madam’ (2003), ‘Boss Engira Bhaskaran’ (2010), and ‘Meesaya Murukku’ (2017).
- She has acted in Telugu films like ‘Hanuman Junction’ (2001) and ‘Prudhvi Narayana’ (2002).
- Some of her Tamil TV serials are ‘Vasantham’ (2007), ‘Chellamay’ (2009), ‘Mundhanai Mudichu’ (2011), and ‘Nandini’ (2017).
- She was stalked by the assistant director, Ramesh and due to harassment, she attempted suicide on 22 August 2006. News Bricks
- On 27 July 2020, she posted a video on Facebook in which she said that she was in stress and was bullied by the Indian politician, Seeman and his party members. On the same day, she attempted suicide and was immediately rushed to a hospital as her condition was critical. In her video, she said,
This is my last video. I have been under extreme stress in the last four months because of Seeman and his party men. I tried my best to survive for my mother and my sister. I have been humiliated by Hari Nadar in the media. I have consumed BP tablets. In some time my BP will be low and I will be dead.” News Bricks
References/Sources: [ + ]