Age: 43 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Father: Manohar Chatlani
|CEO and Executive Director of Soch Apparels Pvt Ltd
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|in kilograms- 68 kg
in pounds- 150 lbs
|Date of Birth
|5 June 1979
|Age (as of 2022)
|• Bishop Cotton Boys’ School in Bangalore (primary school education)
• Dover Court International School, Singapore in 1992
• Bangalore International School
• Mallya Aditi International School
|Herbert School of Business at the University of Miami
|• Bachelor of Business Management at Herbert School of Business at the University of Miami in 2002
• Double Major in Marketing and Entrepreneurship
|• LinkedIn– Soch Apparels
• Instagram- @sochstories
• Facebook- vchatlani
• Instagram- @vmc60
|Relationships & More
|Father- Manohar Chatlani (businessman and philanthropist with over 40 years of experience in retail)
Mother- Sobha Chatlani (mind behind Soch and creative consultant)
|Brother- Sandeep Chatlani (one of the Directors at Soch and is closely involved in the business)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vinay Chatlani
- Vinay Chatlani is the CEO and Executive Director of Soch Apparels Pvt Ltd. Soch is a popular brand for women’s traditional clothing in the country.
- While he was studying, Vinay always wanted to join his family’s business, which has been involved in retail for three generations. This desire motivated him to study entrepreneurship so he could learn how to start and run a successful business.
- In 2004, Vinay returned to Bangalore from Miami and joined his family’s business with a clear goal of making Soch one of the top ethnic wear brands in the country.
- After graduating from the University of Miami, where he majored in entrepreneurship and minored in marketing, Vinay began his career in 2002 by starting a promotions company with his friends. They targeted exclusive restaurants, bars, lounges, and nightclubs in Miami. Within a few years, their company became one of the most successful promotions companies in the city. However, Vinay’s true passion was to work in his family’s business. So, in 2004, he moved to Bangalore from Miami with the vision of establishing Soch as one of the leading ethnic wear brands in the country.
- Vinay Chatlani’s contributions have played a vital role in establishing Soch as one of the most beloved brands for women’s traditional clothing in the country. He has been actively involved in various important aspects of the business, such as developing strategies, coming up with new ideas, expanding the brand, and creating a strong presence for Soch.
- As a result of Vinay’s efforts, Soch has become a leader in the ethnic wear market and has over 150 stores in India, spread across 60 cities. The company has also experienced significant growth, employing over 1400 people.
- Vinay’s passion for the Soch brand and his expertise in the retail industry led him to start a successful new company that specializes in designing and executing retail, office, and residential interiors. His venture also offers comprehensive solutions related to digital displays, creating content, and other technology-driven initiatives.
- Apart from his business endeavours, Vinay has a great interest in gadgets and technology, especially when it comes to improving productivity. He enjoys exploring and learning about the latest advancements in this field. He once said,
If I do anything repeatedly that can be automated or done faster, I need to know about it. I am currently toying with the idea of bringing productivity solutions to the corporate world” he said in one of his recent interviews.
- Vinay has a deep love for travelling because it inspires him to step out of his comfort zone and try new things. He believes in immersing himself in the local culture and engaging in authentic experiences that are unique to each place he visits.
- Another passion of Vinay’s is interior design. He has a keen eye for creating beautiful spaces and has even designed his own home. His design reflects the concept of elegant modern living while also promoting physical and mental well-being.
- In fact, Vinay was so passionate about interior design that he started his own company. One of the areas of focus for his company is handling design and execution for spaces.