Age: 26 Years
Hometown: Cuttack, Odisha
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||16 November 1993|
|Age (as in 2019)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Cuttack, Odisha, India|
|Hometown||Cuttack, Odisha, India|
|College/University||Indian School of Business and Finance, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• He had some harsh time with his co-founders and employees at Oravel. Some even say that Ritesh is an outright liar and that he cannot code. Kunal Pandya of NCrypted Technologies (a Gujarat-based technology firm) said that he had licensed his vacation rental portal 'BistroStays' to Ritesh in return for some shares, something which never happened.
• In September 2019, Bengaluru Police booked Ritesh and two of his representatives for cheating and criminal breach of trust following a businessman's complaint. In his complaint, Natarajan V R S, an ex-serviceman, stated that he runs the Rajguru Shelter Hotels in BEML Layout in Whitefield. He entered into an agreement with Ritesh Agarwal in June 2017, where Oyo would give them reservations and take 20% of the share and give him 80%, but Agarwal and his representatives had taken 80% of the share instead of 20%. He accused Ritesh and his representatives of cheating him of more than Rs. 1 Crore. The Whitefield Police booked Ritesh and his representatives under IPC Section 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating).
• On 14 September 2020, the Mohali Police registered a case of “fraud and criminal conspiracy” against Ritesh Agarwal on the complaint of a Chandigarh businessman. In his complaint, the victim alleged that Ritesh and his team cheated him out of a business agreement illegally and with criminal intent. The Tribune
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||As in March 2017, OYO Rooms' net worth is nearly $500 Million.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ritesh Agarwal
- Ritesh used to sell SIM cards when he was just 13.
- Though he had enrolled himself for the University of London’s International Programme provided by Indian School of Business and Finance, he never really felt connected to the course and rather attended a number of entrepreneurship events.
- Ritesh, at 17, when most of the children don’t even know what to do, dropped out of the college to pursue his dream of becoming an entrepreneur.
- Then came ‘OYO Rooms’ in existence in January 2013. It’s an Indian hotel brand that owns, operates and aggregates standardized hotel rooms. The firm operates in Malaysia as well in Nepal.
- In 2013, he was nominated for ‘Thiel Fellowship,’ a 2-year program initiated by PayPal founder Peter Theil. Students are trained by some of the revolutionary entrepreneurs like Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, etc. He was also paid a fellowship of $100,00 during that period. He was the first Asian to have received Thiel fellowship.
- Started in just one city of India, his firm, as of April 2017, has around 70,000 rooms in 7,000 hotels across 200 towns of India.