Marital Status: Unmarried
Height: 5' 10"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Tattoo(s)||• On Left Hand: A card depicting a skull with the words 'Initium Novum(new beginning).
• On Right Hand: Still I Rise;
• On Right Hand: a pair of flowers
• Behind his ear: A rose
• A heartbeat on the right wrist
|Piercing||He has got his nose pierced.
|Controversy||• Alleged Insult to Hindu God Sri Ram
On 8 April 2023, he performed in a 'Youth For You' program at Sheela Farm in the Nanda Ki Chowki area of Dehradun, Uttarakhand. He referred to the Ram Setu construction mentioned in the Hindu epic Ramayana when the stones were inscribed with the name Ram and were then thrown to build a sea bridge. He said that Jesus drowned on his attempt of walking on water as he had not written the name Ram on the slippers. This joke infuriated several Hindus who criticised his word selection. An FIR was registered at Pram Nagar police station in Dehradun under the section 153-A by the state president of the Uttarakhand Bhairav Sena organisation Sagar Jaiswal. He said, "We came across a video of the comedy event organised at a farmhouse in the city's Prem Nagar area in which he (Rathi) could be seen cracking a joke in bad taste about Lord Ram's crossing of the sea. Nobody has a right to hurt the sentiments of Hindus." The Times of India
Prem Nagar police station SHO P D Bhatt said, “An FIR is registered against stand-up comic Yash Rathi for making the comment at an event on March 8. The FIR is registered under IPC Section 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, etc) on Monday.” The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||His father is an electrical engineer who works in an Electricity Board. His mother is a homemaker.|
|Siblings||He has two elder sisters named Twinkle Rathi and Muskaan Rathi.
|Car Collection||Honda City
|Bike Collection||Yamaha bike
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yash Rathi
- Yash Rathi is an Indian comedian who is famous for doing standup comedy in different cities. His name became notorious in April 2023 when he made a joke at a show which included the name of the Hindu God Sri Ram.
- He often used to pull pranks on his family and friends during childhood and once burst a cracker in his school.
- When he was studying in 7th or 8th standard, he often used to discuss with his friend about organising a program in front of his school to do standup comedy.
- Even though he was not interested in studies, his parents got him enrolled in the science stream during the 11th and 12th standards.
- In 2018, he started performing at various comedy shows.
- He later started uploading videos on his YouTube channel Yash Rathi which became an instant hit. He was invited to different cities to perform, and his YouTube channel also had more than 600 thousand subscribers by April 2023.
- He can be often seen smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- He owns a DSLR camera and likes to do photography in his leisure time.