Some Lesser Known Facts About Kenny Sebastian
- Does Kenny Sebastian smoke?: No Youth Ki Awaaz
- Does Kenny Sebastian drink alcohol?: No Youth Ki Awaaz
- Kenny Sebastian was born into a middle-class family in Kerala.
- He grew up in different parts of India as his father was an employee of the Indian Navy.
- Kenny was very naughty as a kid.
- Kenny developed an interest in film direction at a very young age.
- He started making his own films at the age of 15 and had directed 12 shorts and two feature films by the of age 23.
- After completing his schooling, Kenny joined theatre and actively participated in it for many years.
- At the age of 19, Kenny did his first stage show. He participated in a stand-up comedy competition at the IIT fest in Mumbai and won it.
- In 2008, he created his YouTube Channel “Kenny Sebastian” and released his first video “9 Hours To Live.”
- He wrote and directed a season of “The Living Room,” India’s first sketch comedy television show in 2014.
- Kenny gained initial popularity by making songs from tweets. He started #KennySing4Me campaign on Twitter.
- Sebastian has also created an improved sketch show for “Comedy Central.”
- Kenny has made cameos in the web series like “Humorously Yours,” “Better Life Foundation,” “Son Of Abish,” and “Pushpavalli.”
- He has co-written and acted in the web series “Star Boyz.”
- He has an original series “Die Trying” and a sketch comedy show “Sketchy Behaviour” on Amazon Prime Video.
- He owns a production studio “SuperHuman Studioz” where he produces the content for his YouTube Channel.
- Sebastian hosts a monthly live video blog “Chai Time Comedy With Kenny Sebastian” in which he chats with people over a cup of tea.
- He is one of the judges of “Comicstaan,” a comedy hunt reality show on Amazon Prime.”
- Kenny has performed for popular comedy clubs like “The Canvas Laugh Club” and “The Comedy Store.”
- He is a part of ‘The Improvisers,’ a group of four comedians, which includes Kanan Gill, Kenny Sebastian, Kaneez Surkha, and Abish Matthew.
- In January 2017, he started a cross-country global tour with his show “Don’t Be That Guy.”
- Until 2019, Kenny has done more than 500 shows. He has performed with many popular comedians like Vir Das, Phil Nichol(UK), Raj Sharma (US, HBO), Imran Yusuf (UK), and Tanmay Bhat of AIB.
- He is a bike enthusiast.
- Kenny has toured different parts of the world with the famous American stand-up comedian, Scott Capurro.
- He is well-versed in Hindi, English, Malayalam, and Kannada languages.
- Kenny is colour blind.
- He is managed by Only Much Louder (OML), one of the leading artist management companies in India.
- In an interview, Kenny shared that he was good at cooking up creative stories right from his childhood. While sharing one of his childhood memories, he said,
When I was in Class 1, my teacher asked me for my homework book. I confidently said – Madam, I would love to give you my homework but for some reason, my father has taken all my books to his office. So I don’t have it with me right now. My teacher was so impressed with such a unique answer that she called up my mom and told her what I had said. My mom and dad still talk about it.”
- Prior to becoming a stand-up comedian, Kenny wanted to become a musician. He used to play music in restaurants and had also released a music album, which remained unsold. Talking about his album, he says,
I still have 200 to 300 CDs in my house to remind me of this fact.”
- Kenny suffered from stage fright in his school days. Talking about the same, he says,
I had stage fright in school. My first memory of getting cold feet on stage was when I was in the fifth or sixth grade. I felt paralyzed and just couldn’t move. I don’t know why, but for some reason, I always wanted to be on the stage. And I used to get frustrated seeing other kids do it with such ease. So, from sixth to eleventh grade, my goal was to get over the stage fright and for that, I read a bunch of books on how to overcome it. After years of trying hard, finally, in the 11th grade, I had the courage to give a speech on stage.”
- He started making money when he was in Class 11 and had become financially independent by the time he had reached the first year of his college. As soon as he completed his graduation, he started earning huge amounts (more than a lakh a month) just by doing freelance corporate films.
- He is passionate about animals; dogs being his favourite.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1, 2.||↑||Youth Ki Awaaz|