|Real Name||Yashwant Sinha|
|Profession||Civil Servant & Politician|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||1984: Joined Janata Dal as an active member.
1986: Became All-India General secretary of Janata Dal.
1988: Elected to Rajya Sabha.
November 1990 to June 1991: Served as the Minister of Finance in Chandra Shekhar's Cabinet.
1996: Became the National Spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
1998: Became the Union Finance Minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Cabinet.
2002: On 1st of July, appointed as Minister for External Affairs in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Cabinet.
2004: Lost the Lok Sabha election from the Hazaribagh Constituency.
2005: Again became a Member of Rajya Sabha.
2009: On 13 June, resigned from the post of vice-president of BJP.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||6 November 1937|
|Age (as in 2017)||79 Years|
|Birth Place||Patna, British India (now in Bihar), India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Educational Qualification||A Master's Degree in Political Science from the Patna University in 1958|
|Debut||In 1984, when he joined Janata Dal as an active member|
|Address||76 A Village Hupad P.O.- Thana-Muffassil, Dist - Hazaribagh, Jharkhand|
|Hobbies||Gardening, Blogging, Reading Newspapers, Writing, Travelling|
|Controversies||• In November 2013, Pappu Yadav, in his autobiography- Drohkaal ka Pathik, alleged that 3 MPs of his Indian Federal Democratic Party got money from Sinha (the then Finance Minister), to join the NDA in 2001.
• Sinha was also criticized for his alleged involvement in the UTI Scam.
• On 4 April 2017, he was arrested by the Hazaribagh police for pelting stones at the police. Singa was holding a religious procession, and when the police stopped them, Sinha and his supporters started pelting stones at the police leading to their arrest.
• On 27 September 2017, he again invited a controversy by making a statement against the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. He said, "I shall be failing in my national duty if I did not speak up even now against the mess the finance minister has made of the economy."
• Sinha has also been criticized for promoting nepotism by nominating his son Jayant Sinha as a successor to contest from Hazaribagh.
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Nilima Sinha (Author)
|Children||Sons- Jayant Sinha (Politician),
Sumant Sinha (Businessman)
Daughter- Sharmila (Writer)
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||50000 INR /month|
|Net Worth||3 Crore INRs (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yashwant Sinha
- Does Yashwant Sinha smoke?: Not Known
- Does Yashwant Sinha drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in a Kayastha family in Patna.
- After receiving his Master’s Degree in Political Science in 1958, Sinha taught at the Patna University till 1960.
- In 1960, he joined the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and spent over 24 years serving in different capacities during his service tenure.
- In 1984, he resigned from the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and joined active politics as a member of the Janata Party.
- During his tenure as the Union Finance Minister, Sinha was widely credited for pushing through many major reform measures, which put the Indian economy on a firm growth trajectory.
- He is also known for being the 1st Finance Minister to break the 53-year-old tradition of presenting the Union Budget of India at 5 pm local time, a practice held over from the British rule in India.
- Sinha has compiled the accounts of his years as Finance Minister in the form of a book titled- Confessions of a Swadeshi Reformer.
- On 25 April 2015, The French Government bestowed him with Officier de la Légion d’Honneur (Officer of the Legion of Honour)- the highest French civilian award.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography