Age: 35 Years
Marital Status: Married
Hometown: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|International Debut||ODI- 14 September 2011 against Zimbabwe at Harare, Zimbabwe
Test- 22 October 2014 against Australia at Dubai
T20- 16 September 2011 against Zimbabwe at Harare, Zimbabwe
|Jersey Number||# 86 (Pakistan)
|Domestic/State Team||• Abbottabad Rhinos
• Brisbane Heat
• Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province
• Lahore Qalandars
• Pakistan Customs
• Rest of North West Frontier Province
• Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited
• Trinbago Knight Riders
|Bowling Style||Right-arm leg break|
|Records (main ones)||• In June 2015, he became the fastest Pakistani cricketer to take 50 Test match wickets, which he achieved in just 9 Test matches.
• In July 2016, Yasir Shah became the first leg-spinner in 49 years to take a 5 wicket haul in the first innings of the Test match at Lord's.
• In October 2016, he became the second fastest bowler of all-time to take 100 Test wickets, which he achieved in just 17 Test matches.
• In November 2018, Yasir levelled the national Test record with Pakistan's Imran Khan by taking 14 wickets in a Test match.
• In December 2018, he became the fastest bowler to take 200 Test wickets, which he achieved in just 33 Test matches.
|Award||2017- PCB's Test Player of the Year|
|Date of Birth||2 May 1986|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan|
|School||Quaid-e-Azam Public School, Swabi|
|College/University||Swabi College, Swabi|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music|
|Controversies||• In 2015, he was charged with an anti-doping rule violation under the ICC Anti-Doping Code.
• On 21 December 2021, Yasir Shah's name appeared in a case concerning the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl after a woman filed a complaint against the cricketer at Islamabad's Shalimar police station. In her complaint, the woman said that Yasir helped his friend Farhan sexually assault her 14-year-old niece. According to the woman, Farhan met her niece at a party hosted by Yasir, where he took her mobile number. Later, Farhan became friends with her niece, and one day, when her niece was returning from tuition, Farhan made her get into a taxi and took her to a flat in F-11, where he sexually assaulted her. The woman also accused Yasir of making fun of her when she explained the incident to him. She said, "When I heard about this, I called Yasir on WhatsApp and told him everything on September 10 or 11 at which point he was in the West Indies. Making fun [of the situation], he said that my niece was beautiful and he liked minor girls." She added, "When I threatened to go to the police, Yasir said let bygones be bygones and said he would buy the girl a flat and bear her expenses till she turned 18 if I got her married to Farhan." Dawn
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Yawar Shah
Daughter- 1 (Name Not Known)
|Parents||Father- Said Khaki Shah (Farmer)
Mother- Name Not Known
- Does Yasir Shah smoke?: Not Known
- Does Yasir Shah drink alcohol?: Yes
- Yasir Shah belongs to a Pashtun Family.
- He is a right-arm leg break spin bowler who is known for his leg spinners, googlies, and flippers.
- He made his first-class debut in 2002.
- Yasir Shah made his international debut after nine years of his first-class debut.
- He played his first international match for Pakistan in 2011 against Zimbabwe in a three-match ODI series.
- He is the cousin of cricketers – Fawad Ahmed and Junaid Khan.
- In September 2014, after the suspension of Saeed Ajmal, Yasir got the chance to play his first international test match against Australia at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, and he picked 7 wickets in that match.
- He has also been a part of the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup; where he played his first World Cup match against India at Adelaide, Australia.
- In 2015, Pakistan defeated Sri Lanka by winning the test series with 3-0. Yasir Shah picked 24 wickets in that series (9 wickets in the first test, 8 in the second test, and 7 in the third test). He was declared as the Man of the Series.
- In July 2016, he ranked world’s no. 1 on the list of ICC Test Bowler.
- In 2017, Yasir Shah chose to play for Brisbane Heat for the Big Bash League (BBL).
- In August 2018, among thirty-three players, he awarded a central contract for the 2018-2019 season by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
- In October 2018, he was selected in the ‘Khulna Titans’ squad to play for the 2018-2019 Bangladesh Premier League.
- In December 2018, Yasir Shah broke the 82-year-old record of the Australian leg-spinner “Clarrie Grimmett” by taking 200 wickets in just 33 matches.