|Real name||Yogi Babu|
|Famous For||• Aandavan Kattalai (2016)
• Kolamavu Kokila (2018)
• Pariyerum Perumal (2018)
• Gurkha (2019)
• Mandela (2021)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 90 kg
in pounds- 198 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 38 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Tamil): Yogi (2009)
Film (Hindi): Chennai Express (2013)
Film (Telugu): Kaki: Sound of Warning (2015)
TV: Lollu Sabha (2003-2008) aired on VijayTV
|Awards & Honours||• SIIMA Award for Best Comedian, Aandavan Kattalai (2016)
• Vikatan Award Best Comedian-Male, Aandavan Kattalai (2016)
• MGR Sivaji Academy Awards (2017)
• SIIMA Award for Best Comedian, Kolamavu Kokila (2018)
• Vikatan Award Best Comedian-Male, Kolamavu Kokila (2018)
• Vikatan Award Best Comedian-Male, Pariyerum Perumal (2018)
• Zee Cine Awards Tamil for Best Comedian, Comali (2019)
• Best Comedy Actor, Comali (2020)
• Zee Cine Awards Tamil, Comali (2020)
• Outstanding Performance of the Year, Mandela, SIIMA (2022)
• The Galatta Crown Award (2022)
• 3 times winner of the Ananda Vikatan Cinema Award
• Best Comedian (Tamil) at the South Indian International Movie Awards, held at the Dubai World Trade Centre, UAE, for the film 'Love Today' (September 2023)
|Date of Birth||22 July 1985 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Arani, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Arani, Tamil Nadu|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||5 February 2020|
|Children||Son- Name Not Known
|Parents||Father- Srinivasan Babu (Havildar in Indian Army)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Director(s)||Sundar C, Rambhala|
|Cricketer||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Car Collection||Toyota Car Facebook - Yogi Babu|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yogi Babu
- Yogi Babu is an Indian actor and comedian predominantly active in the Tamil film industry.
- In addition to his contributions to the film industry, Yogi Babu has achieved notable recognition and acclaim, being a three-time recipient of the prestigious Ananda Vikatan Cinema Award.
- During the early 1990s, Yogi Babu pursued his studies in Jammu and had the opportunity to travel extensively due to his father’s service in the army. The Hindu
- Yogi got married to Manju Bhargavi on 5 February 2020 at their ancestral temple in Tiruttani in the presence of their close ones. The marriage of the couple was an arranged one. In March 2021, the couple was blessed with a son. India Today
- During the initial phase of his profession, Yogi Babu gained experience by serving as a television series Lollu Sabha’s assistant director. Additionally, he dedicated two years to crafting different scenes for the show.
- In 2009, Yogi Babu made his first appearance in a feature film with the action drama movie Yogi. He portrayed the role of an aspiring actor in the film. Following this, he incorporated the film’s title as a prefix to his stage name, thus becoming known as “Yogi Babu.”
- In 2009, Yogi Babu made his appearance in the film “Sirithal Rasipen.” The following year, in 2010, he portrayed the role of a goon in the movie “Paiyaa.” His filmography also includes notable works such as “Thillalangadi” (2010), “Velayudham” (2011), “Rajapattai” (2011), “Kalakalappu” (2012), “Attakathi” (2012), and “Pattathu Yaanai” (2013), where he played the comedic role of a henchman. Yogi Babu gained significant popularity for his portrayal as a comedian in the film “Maan Karate” in 2014.
- Yogi Babu’s journey to success was further propelled by his involvement in films such as “Yaamirukka Bayamey” (2014) and “Kaaka Muttai” (2015). In 2016, he appeared in an impressive number of over 20 films, establishing himself as a prominent actor in the industry. Among his notable films released in 2016 were “Aandavan Kattalai,” “Virumandikum Sivanandikum,” “Kuttrame Thandanai,” “Veera Sivaji,” “Enakku Innoru Per Irukku,” and “Pandiyoda Galatta Thaangala,” among others. Yogi Babu received high praise for his performances in these films, contributing to his growing recognition and popularity.
- In 2018, Yogi Babu had a notable role in the film Kolamavu Kokila, portraying the character of Sekar, a one-sided lover. His performance received critical acclaim and was well-received by the audience. Yogi Babu’s playful gestures and actions in the song “Kalyana Vayasu” from the movie Kolamavu Kokila became viral and were highly appreciated.
- Yogi Babu played a supporting role as Anand in the film Pariyerum Perumal (2018). His performance in the movie earned him the Vikatan Award for Best Comedian-Male. In an interview, Yogi Babu expressed the significance of the film Pariyerum Perumal to him, highlighting its personal importance and impact on his career. In an interview, he said,
Pariyerum Perumal is a very important film for our State. Friends who saw the film appreciated my role. If the film helps people understand why they should not hold on to casteist feelings, I will be very happy. I’ll always be grateful to Ranjith and Mari Selvaraj for that.”
- In 2019, Yogi Babu made his debut as a lead actor in the film Dharmaprabhu, portraying the character of Yamantaka.
- Yogi Babu has had an extensive filmography, with notable roles in various movies. Apart from his lead roles in Dharmaprabhu (2019) and Gurkha (2019), he has appeared in several other films. Some of them include Comali (2019), Zombie (2019), Namma Veettu Pillai (2019), Bigil (2019), Butler Balu (2019), Action (2019), Dhanusu Raasi Neyargale (2019), Darbar (2020), Taana (2020), Asuraguru (2020), Cocktail (2020), Naanga Romba Buy (2020), Kanni Raasi (2020), Engada Iruthinga Ivvalavu Naala (2021), Mandela (2021), Vanakkam Da Mappillai (2021), Vellai Yaanai (2021), Annabelle Sethupathi (2021), Doctor (2021), Aranmanai 3 (2021), Murungakkai Chips (2021), Theal (2022), Veerame Vaagai Soodum (2022), Kadaisi Vivasayi (2022), Koogle Kuttappa (2022), Veetla Vishesham (2022), Panni Kutty (2022), The Legend (2022), Naane Varuvean (2022), Coffee with Kadhal (2022), Oh My Ghost (2022), Varisu (2023), The Great Indian Kitchen (2023), Ghosty (2023), Yaanai Mugathaan (2023), Pichaikkaran 2 (2023), Kasethan Kadavulada (2023), and many others.
- Yogi Babu made his Bollywood debut in the film Chennai Express (2013), where he portrayed the character of a Sri Lankan smuggler. This film also marked his first appearance in a Bollywood movie, sharing the screen with renowned actor Shah Rukh Khan.
- Yogi Babu appeared in the television series My Name Is Mangamma, which aired from 2012 to 2013.
- Yogi Babu regularly visits the gym to ensure he maintains his fitness levels. Instagram – YOGI BABU
- Yogi Babu is known for his spiritual inclination and frequently visits various temples on different occasions. Instagram – YOGI BABU
- During an interview in 2018, Yogi Babu expressed his reluctance to share his personal story of struggles with anyone, as doing so would bring pain to his mother and his entire family. The Hindu He said,
It will hurt my mother, my family. And, I’m not the only one who has struggled. From Ajith sir to my fellow artistes such as Rajendran, Munishkanth, Ramesh Thilak and Kali Venkat, all have gone through it. My fans look up to me for some laughter. Why tell them my sob story? He just said that there was a time in his life when he struggled to earn 50INR and only his slippers know his real struggle stories.”
- Despite achieving prominence in the Tamil film industry, Babu continues to maintain a humble and simple lifestyle. He prefers driving a grey two-wheeler and frequently visits local supermarkets and nearby tea shops. The Hindu
- Whenever he finds the time, Babu frequently visits the Murugan temple at Thiruttani. He finds solace and peace in his visits to the temple. The Hindu
- In another interview conducted in 2018, Yogi Babu expressed that he has no intentions of transitioning into a lead actor role in films. He is content with his career as a comedian and intends to continue working in that capacity. The Hindu
- During the early 2000s, director Rambhala, also known as Ram Bala, discovered Yogi Babu and was fascinated by his unique appearance and physique. As a result, Yogi Babu was selected to be a part of the television series called “Lollu Sabha” which aired from 2003 to 2008. The Times of India