Some Lesser Known Facts Jessie J
- Does Jessie J smoke?: No
- Does Jessie J drink alcohol?: No
- Jessie J wrote songs for Chris Brown and Miley Cyrus when she had signed a songwriting deal with Sony/ATV Music Publication.
- She had sold 20 million singles and 3 million albums in just four years since her debut.
- Jessi does not follow any one kind of genre for her songs but mixes all different kind of tunes that gives her songs a balanced state of feeling to the listener. She sings soul style mixing it with R&B, electro-pop and hip-hop.
- Jessi has been a coach and mentor to the candidates on the musical reality shows The Voice Australia and The Voice UK.
- Despite the fact that her sisters were head girls of the school, Cornish was never outstanding in academics at school. She was lucky and wise enough that she never based her intelligence on the basis of exams.
- Contrary to the thought that J got popular through a video on YouTube, she had signed a professional contract 4 years before that.
- J suffers from a heart condition called White syndrome. She suffered a panic attack on stage once when she was pushed to perform in the dark. Her song “Big White Room” is inspired by her time in the hospital where her room mate died.
- She performed at the Summertime Ball at Wembley Stadium, London, sitting on a glided throne because she had ruptured several tendons of her foot during the rehearsals prior to the show.
- She shaved her head on the Red Nose Day 2013, in order to raise funds for the charity Comic Relief. She has done several charity events for various causes.
- She performed her song “Laserlight” with a 7 year old fan, who was suffering from leukemia. Daniel Sullivan passed away four months later.
- Jessie has penned more than 60o songs.
- She wrote ‘Do it Like a Dude’ in submission to Rihanna and her song “Rude Boy”.
- She refuses to lipsynch because one, she is lazy with it and two, she believes her fans should get what they paid for!
- J is very active on social media and is addicted to twitter and instagram.
- Jessie J once around 2011, had said that she was bisexual but in 2014, she said that she has grown a lot, is more comfortable in her skin now, knows herself better and is only interested in men now.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)