Husband: Bharat Sahni
Education: Bachelors In Designing And Marketing
Age: 39 Years
|Full Name||Riddhima Kapoor Sahni|
|Profession(s)||Fashion Designer, Model & Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Awards||• 2017: Femina Powerlist Award (North)
• 2018: FICCI FLO Delhi Award to RKS Jewellery
• 2018: Delhiites Lifestyle Award for Jewellery Designer of the Year
|Date of Birth||15 September 1980 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||39 Years|
|College/University||American Intercontinental University, London|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Designing and Marketing from the American Intercontinental University in London|
|Caste||Punjabi Khatri Wikipedia|
|Controversy||In November 2018, she was accused of copying the design of an earring piece from a famous Japanese jewellery designer Mikimoto Kokichi.
Later, she apologised through her Instagram account for not tagging the name of the original designer while advertising for the piece of jewellery in her post.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bharat Sahni (Businessman)|
|Marriage Date||25 January 2006 (Wednesday)
Daughter- Samara Sahni
|Parents||Father- Rishi Kapoor (Actor; died on 30 April 2020)
Mother- Neetu Singh (Actress)
|Siblings||Brother- Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|Travel Destination||New York|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Riddhima Kapoor Sahni
- Riddhima Kapoor Sahni is a member of the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood. Riddhima is the granddaughter of the veteran actors, Raj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor, and Shashi Kapoor, grandniece of Randhir Kapoor, Ritu Nanda, Rajiv Kapoor, and Rima Jain, and cousin of famous Bollywood stars, Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Aadar Jain, and Armaan Jain.
- At the time of Ganesh Chaturthi, both Kareena and Riddhima were born (they were born six days apart from each other). When they both were born, her grandfather, Raj Kapoor said that his ‘Riddhi and Siddhi’ had come to this world. That’s how she came to be known as ‘Riddhima.’
- According to Riddhima, she was very tomboyish in her childhood and used to play cricket and wrestling with her brother, Ranbir Kapoor.
- When she was in London, she changed the spelling of her name to ‘Ridima’ due to her collegemates who used to pronounce her name that way. However, when she returned to India, she retained the original spelling of her name.
- When she came back to India after completing her graduation, she was flooded with acting offers from Bollywood. However, she chose to stay away from the field of acting.
- She started her career by modelling for a popular jewellery brand – Notandas, with her mother, Neetu Singh.
- She has also walked the ramp for various fashion designers, like Suneet Varma and Manav Gangwani.
- When she was modelling for Notandas, she was enthralled with the designs of the company. After her contract with the company was completed, she began designing her own jewellery. She received praises from many for her designs and decided to start her own jewellery brand.
- In October 2013, she launched the Godrej Nature’s Basket flagship store in Mumbai.
- In 2016, she launched her jewellery line, “R Jewellery” with her best friend, Anuj Kapoor of Punjab Jewellers, Mumbai.
- Her first jewellery design was themed on the ‘Evil Eye.’
- In September 2016, Riddhima designed earrings for a popular American actress, Goldie Hawn.
- In 2017, she was named among one of the top 25 entrepreneurs in New Delhi.
- She is a die-hard fan of Justin Bieber and even designed a bracelet for him when he visited India in 2017.
- In January 2018, Riddhima launched her clothing line – Sam & Friends, which is named after her daughter, Samara Sahni.
- She also writes and is a guest columnist for the publications, The Free Press Journal and Delhiites Magazine.
- She has a huge collection of watches, and her love for them is so much that she always wears them whenever she goes out.
- She likes doing Yoga and regularly posts photos of her doing Yoga on her social media accounts.