Some Lesser Known Facts About Anne Hathaway
- Does Anne Hathaway smoke?: No (Abandoned)
- Does Anne Hathaway drink alcohol?: Yes
- Anne is of English and Irish descent.
- Anne started acting at a very young age, and became the first and only teenager admitted to ‘The Barrow Group,’ a theater company and acting school in New York.
- During the audition for ‘The Princess Diaries,’ Anne accidentally fell off her chair during her audition for the role of the klutzy princess.
- In 2001, Anne was included in the list of ‘Breakthrough Stars’ by the People magazine.
- Once director Garry Marshall described Anne as a combination of Julia Roberts, Audrey Hepburn and Judy Garland.
- Anne is lactose intolerant.
- The role of Andie Sachs in ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ was originally offered to actress Rachel McAdams, but she turned that down. Anne got that opportunity instead.
- In the early 2007, Anne spoke of her depression period during her teenage years, she said that she started smoking to the subsequent decline in her stress level but she ultimately overcame the disorder without medication.
- According to her, if she were not an actress, she would be an English teacher or a psychologist.
- Anne shares the same birthday with actor Ryan Gosling.
- Anne has served as a long-term advocate for the ‘Nike Foundation’ to raise awareness against child marriage.
- In 2008, Anne was honored at ‘Elle’ magazine’s “Women in Hollywood” tribute and carried off an award from the Human Rights campaign for her philanthropic works.
- In 2009, Anne was included in Forbes‘ annual list of ‘Celebrity 100’ with earnings of $7 million per movie.
- When Anne was 27 years old in 2011, she became the youngest person to have hosted the Academy Awards alongside James Franco.
- In 2011, she was listed as one of the 50 Most Beautiful Women in Films by ‘Los Angeles Times Magazine’.
- While swimming off the coast of Oahu, Hawaii in January 8, 2014, she was swept away by a wave, but luckily was saved by a nearby surfer.
- In 2015, Anne was reported as one of the highest paid actresses in the world by Forbes.
- Since 2017, she is among the highest-grossing actresses of the 21st century.
- As of October 2017, her films have grossed over $6.4 billion worldwide.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)