|Real Name||Achal Kumar Joti|
|Major Designations||• From 1981 to 1985, he worked as a Deputy Collector for 5 years in the 3 districts of Surendranagar, Panchmahal and Kheda of Gujarat.
• He has served as Secretary Industries, Secretary Revenue and Secretary Water Supply in Gujarat.
• He has served as Principal Secretary (Finance Department) for more than 3 years in Gujarat.
• He has served as Managing Director, Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited (SSNNL).
• Achal Kumar has served as Additional Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
• From 1999 to 2004, served as the Chairman of the Kandla Port Trust.
• He has also served as the Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
• From July 2013 to May 2015, served as the Vigilance Commissioner of Gujarat.
• From May 2015 to July 2017, served as the Election Commissioner of India.
• On 6 July 2017, appointed as the Chief Election Commissioner of India.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Black (Dyed)|
|Date of Birth||23 January 1953|
|Age (as in 2017)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
|Salary (as Election Commissioner)||₹90,000 (US$1,300) monthly|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Achal Kumar Joti
- Does Achal Kumar Joti smoke:? Not Known
- Does Achal Kumar Joti drink alcohol:? Not Known
- He is a 1975-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer.
- He is considered a vigilant and honest Officer.
- He has served the Gujarat State at different capacities including State’s top post i.e., Chief Secretary.
- In January 2013, he got retired from the post of Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
- On 8 May 2015, he joined the 3-member poll panel as an Election Commissioner.
- On 4 July 2017, he was appointed as the 21st Chief Election Commissioner of India succeeding Dr. Nasim Zaidi.