|Real Name||Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi|
|Major Designations||• Assistant Collector, Unnao.
• In 1976, became an IAS.
• Collector, Farukhabad (From 01/09/1982 to 01/08/1985).
• Collector, Ghaziabad (From 01/08/1985 to 01/07/1988).
• Commissioner, Development Authority, Bareilly ( From 01/08/1996 to 01/04/1997).
• On 31 July 2012, appointed Secretary to the Government of India in Ministry of Civil Aviation.
• He has served as the Director General of Civil Aviation.
• He had handled ICAO Audit of 2006 and FAA (USA) Audit of 2009.
• From November 2005 to October 2008, he has served as the Permanent Representative of India on the Council of ICAO.
• From 7 August 2012 to 18 April 2015, served as the Election Commissioner of India.
• On 19 April 2015, appointed the Chief Election Commissioner of India.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||6 July 1952|
|Age (as in 2017)||65 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College/University/Institute||Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
Indian Institute of Finance
|Educational Qualifications||Master's degree in Public Administration from Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Finance from Indian Institute of Finance
Doctorate in Bio-Chemistry
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
|Salary||₹90,000 (US$1,300) monthly|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Nasim Zaidi
- Does Dr. Nasim Zaidi smoke:? Not Known
- Does Dr. Nasim Zaidi drink alcohol:? Yes
- Nasim Zaidi is a retired IAS officer of the 1976 Batch.
- He held various important positions in the Government of India.
- As the Joint Secretary in the Ministry Aviation, he brought a number of reforms to enhance the status of the aviation sector in India.
- On 19 April 2015, he became the 20th Chief Election Commissioner of India and first election in his tenure was Bihar Assembly Election in 2015.