Some Lesser Known Facts About Adnan Siddiqui
- Adnan Siddiqui is a Pakistani actor and producer. He is best known for his work in the Pakistani television industry. He was the host of both the first and second seasons of the reality show ‘Tamasha,’ which was broadcast on ARY Digital.
- In 1947, after the partition of India, his family shifted from Uttar Pradesh, India to Lahore, Pakistan.
- He lost his mother at the age of 14. After that, his father and grandmother looked after him.
- In 1992, he started his career as a model. He has modelled for various popular fashion brands and has walked for various fashion runways.
- In an interview, he talked about his upbringing and revealed that he grew up with very strict rules and discipline. Recalling his childhood, he said that, he was not even allowed to pick what food he wanted to eat at the dining table as it was his father’s rule that everyone had to eat whatever was served in front of them without making a choice.
- After making his television debut with the TV show ‘Aroosa’ (1994), he appeared in the TV series ‘Pal Do Pal’ (1996), which aired on PTV.
- In 2003, he appeared in the PTV show ‘Mehndi’ in which he played the role of Taha.
- In his Hollywood debut film ‘A Mighty Heart’ (2007), he starred alongside Angelina Jolie and Irrfan Khan.
- He played the role of Aadil in the television series ‘Meri Zaat Zara-e-Benishan’ (2010), which aired on Geo Entertainment.
- In the TV series ‘Maat’ (2011), he appeared in a lead role opposite Aamina Sheikh and Saba Qamar.
- In 2016, Siddiqui produced the TV show ‘Seeta Bagri,’ which highlights the minority community of the Hindu in Pakistan. The show was produced under his production banner ‘Cereal Productions.
- He played the lead role of Rasheed in the television series ‘Ghughi’ (2018), which is an adaptation of the novel ‘Pinjar’ written by Amrita Pritam. He also worked as a producer of the show.
- He has produced several other television series such as ‘Pujaran’ (2017), ‘Jalti Baarish’ (2017), ‘Aadat’ (2017), ‘Saiyaan Way’ (2018) and ‘ Mein Na Janoo’ (2019).
- His performance as Shehwar in the TV series ‘Mere Paas Tum Ho’ (2019), received a huge appreciation from the audience. The show was broadcast on ARY Digital.
- He led the Lahore Falcons team in the ‘Jeeto Pakistan League’ Ramadan game show for three seasons (2020-2021) and also guided them to win in the second season (2021).
- Some of his other notable shows include ‘Ghulam Gardish’ (1999) on PTV, ‘Manzil’ (2006) on ARY Digital, ‘Meray Qatil Meray Dildar’ (2011) on Hum TV, ‘Mere Humdum Mere Dost’ (2014) on Urdu 1, ‘Sammi’ (2017) on Hum TV, and ‘Yeh Dil Mera’ (2020) on Hum TV.
- After making his Lollywood debut with the film ‘Yalghaar’ (2017), he appeared in the film ‘Carma – The Movie’ (2022) in which he played the role of Ali Khan.
- In 2021, he appeared in the video song ‘Muhabbat Buri Hai.’ The song was sung by Amanat Ali.
- In 2022, he made a cameo appearance in his production debut film ‘Dum Mastam.’
- Adnan Siddiqui was offered roles in Bollywood films like ‘Mardaani’ (2014) and ‘Jism 2’ (2012), but he rejected both, as he didn’t like the roles. In an interview, he talked about it and said,
I got a call from Yash Raj Films (YRF) for a role in ‘Mardaani’. They wanted me to audition for a role of a villain (and) I found the part interesting. But then they (YRF) called up saying they have got a young villain and wanted me to play a police officer. I was not keen on playing this role. (Filmmaker) Mahesh Bhatt had asked me to do a role in ‘Jism 2’ (and) that again I guess was of a police officer.”
- He hosted a Pakistani reality television show titled ‘Tamasha,’ which premiered on ARY Digital; Adnan hosted season 1 and season 2 of the show in 2022 and 2023 respectively.
- Adnan Siddiqui worked in a Bank before becoming a successful actor.
- He has been featured on the cover of various popular magazines such as Hello! Pakistan and OK! Pakistan.
- In April 2023, Siddiqui condemned the Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra after she used the term ‘South Asian’ for Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy while praising her for being the first woman from South Asia to direct a Star Wars film. Siddiqui tweeted that Priyanka Chopra should have referred to Chinoy as ‘Pakistani’ rather than ‘South Asian.’
With due respect, @priyankachopra . Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy is a Pakistani first just to brush up your knowledge. Much like the way you flaunt your Indian nationality whenever you get the opportunity before claiming to be a South Asian.🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/B7wy8gD8QB
— Adnan Siddiqui (@adnanactor) April 14, 2023
- Siddiqui is a trained flute player and often posts his flute-playing videos on social media.
- He often promotes the JS Bank on his Instagram handle.
- In an interview, he shared his experience of working in India and talked about the cultural exchange between the countries. He said that he observed Indians to possess lower levels of tolerance compared to Pakistanis. He said,
- In addition to acting, he is also known for his charitable work. He often joins hands with the Shahid Afridi Foundation to raise funds to help needy and poor people.