Death Cause: Road Accident
Death Date: 03/05/2023
Hometown: Dehradun, Uttarakhand
|Other name||Agastay Chauhan Instagram - Pro_Rider_1000|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||Source 1: Year - 2003 The Times of India
Source 2: Year - 2001 Navbharat Times
|Date of Death||3 May 2023|
|Place of Death||Tappal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Age (at the time of death)||Source 1: 20 Years The Times of India
Source 2: 22 Years Navbharat Times
|Death Cause||Road Accident as he lost control of his bike Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Navbharat Times|
|College/University||Graphic Era University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
|Educational Qualification||He was pursuing graduation at Graphic Era University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand at the time of death. The Times of India|
|Religion||Hinduism Instagram - Pro_Rider_1000|
|Controversies||Police arrest The Times of India
Dehradun Police released a list of 12 YouTubers in January 2023, which had his name, who posted videos of bike racing on their vlogs and warned them to ride safely. He was stopped by a Policeman on 12 March 2023; however, he rode away after pushing the policeman. A few days later on 20 March 2023, while he was riding his bike in the streets of Dehradun, Police officials arrested him and took him to the Police station. His father came to the police station and got him released.
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Unmarried|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name not known|
|Parents||Father- Jitender Chauhan (Wrestler)
Mother- Name not known (Homemaker)
|Siblings||He had an elder sister named Jaanvi Chauhan, who is studying at Middlesex University, London, England.
|Bike Collection||• KTM Duke 390
• Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
Some Lesser Known Facts About Agastya Chauhan
- Agastya Chauhan was an Indian YouTuber who posted videos about bikes on his YouTube Channel Pro Rider 1000. He passed away in a road accident on 3 May 2023 on the Yamuna Expressway in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- He was interested in bikes since childhood and bought a KTM Duke 390 bike when he attained 18 years of age. He later bought a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R bike and started his YouTube channel Pro Rider 1000 where he posted drag racing, wheelie, and other stunt videos and also shared information about other bikes.
- As of April 2023, his YouTube channel had more than 1 million subscribers. YouTube – Pro Rider 1000
- He went for a YouTubers meetup in Delhi in May 2023 and was attempting to cross the speed mark of 300 kmph on Yamuna Expressway. He said in a YouTube video that he was fearful as he had never crossed that speed before.
- At 10 am on 3 May 2023, while he was riding near point 46 in the Tappal area of Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, he lost control of his bike when he was trying to take it above 300 kmph speed. His bike overturned several times, and during the impact, his helmet also came off and his helmet visor was crushed into pieces. He died during the accident.
- Local people who were present there informed the police about the accident. He was pronounced dead on the spot. His friends who were accompanying him had ridden a few kilometres ahead of him and were not present near him when he met with the accident.
- His body was taken to the Kailash Hospital in Jewar, Greater Noida for postmortem. His parents were in Delhi as they had come to see off his sister who was set to fly to London to continue her studies. After the postmortem, his parents took his body to Dehradun for cremation.
- The news of his accident spread like wildfire following which his fans and friends posted tributes to him on his Instagram account. A few YouTubers suspected that it was a hit-and-run case.
- He was a gym lover and often participated in strength competitions like arm wrestling tournaments.
- He was an animal lover and had a pet dog named Turbo.