|Profession(s)||Voice Artist, Emcee, YouTuber, Comedian|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Winner (2013): Radio Mirchi's RJ Hunt
• Winner (2017): The Open Mic Comedy, Chandigarh
• Winner (2019): Dr Kalam Smriti Excellence Award for remarkable achievement in the field of media
|Date of Birth||19 June 1993 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||27 Years|
|College/University||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (2011-2014) LinkedIn|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rajat Chauhan (comedian)|
|Marriage Date||25 November 2020 (Wednesday)
|Husband/Spouse||Rajat Chauhan (comedian)
|Parents||Father- Yogesh Kumar Sharma (assistant registrar at the Supreme Court of India)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Swati Sharma (anchor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akanksha Sharma
- Akanksha Sharma is an Indian voice-over artist and a YouTube celebrity. She is popularly known for her Hindi dubbing of Shin-chan, a famous Japanese cartoon series that revolves around the life of a five-year-old kid named Shin-chan Nohara.
- In 2013, while she was pursuing her bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication and Journalism, Akanksha auditioned for the position of a radio jockey at the famous radio station Radio Mirchi. There were 20000 participants, and Akanksha made it to the top. She was declared ‘the hottest RJ in Delhi,’ and soon, she started hosting a show that aired on Sunday mornings.
- During her stint as a radio jockey at Radio Mirchi, Akanksha got the opportunity to work with the renowned radio jockey RJ Naved. After working at Radio Mirchi for one year, Akanksha quit the job to complete her graduation.
- In an interview, when she was asked about from where she got the training of a voice-over artist, she said,
So, along with college, I did some Radio commercials which also helped in my training for being a voiceover artist – mimicking kid’s voice for Horlicks advertisements and other different voices for various other things on the radio. From there, I got the idea of being a voice-over artist.”
- While working as a freelance voice artist in 2015, she discovered that UTV (a media company) was looking for a person to dub the Hindi voice for the Japanese cartoon Shin-chan. In an interview, Akanksha revealed that she had never heard about the cartoon before she was offered the job. She was told that it was a very prominent animated series, and she started practising for the voice of Shin-chan.
- Later, the show was banned, and she was told that the studio did not require her work anymore. In an interview, while talking about this, she said,
I was like why is this happening to me (laughs), I worked so hard. But once again they were searching for the voice of Shinchan and they knew who was practising Me! Me!. So there it is now I am a full-time voice-over artist.”
- Shin-chan was first aired in India in 2006, and since then, many artists have given the Hindi voice for this character. Akanksha is the fourth Hindi voice of Shin-chan Nohara.
- Apart from Shin-chan, Akanksha is also the Hindi voice behind Shin-chan’s friend Bo-chan, Nobita (another famous animated character from the popular Japanese manga series Doraemon), and Doraemon’s sister, Dorami. She is also known for the Hindi dubbing in various shows on Discovery Channel and the professional wrestling show WWE.
- Apart from being a voice artist, Akanksha is also an emcee. She has hosted various birthday parties, marriage ceremonies, award functions, and comedy shows.
- Akanksha is married to the popular comedian Rajat Chauhan. In 2019, she even opened for her husband while he was performing his stand-up special ‘Bachpan’ at the Habitat (comedy club) in Mumbai.
- Despite her cheerful and bubbly persona, she was very shy and reserved during her school days. In an interview, she said,
I had stage fright. In 9th and 10th standard every time I tried to go on stage I just froze. Even now, I get nervous in front of the audience.”
- In a YouTube video, she admitted that her parents did not support her during the initial stages of her career, but after seeing her success, they started considering voice-over as a viable career option.
- Akanksha is an avid animal lover, and she often posts pictures with animals on her Instagram account.
- In 2016, Akanksha ventured into YouTube, and soon, she garnered a huge following on YouTube. As of 2020, she has more than 550K subscribers on her channel; her video titled “Cartoon Voice Mimicry Challenge by Akanksha Sharma” has crossed 15 million views on YouTube.