|Profession(s)||Stand-up Comedian, Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||27 December|
|College/University||School of Aviation Science and Technology, New Delhi (2005-2009)|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering LinkedIn|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Akanksha Sharma (Comedian)|
|Marriage Date||25 November 2020 (Wednesday)
|Wife/Spouse||Akanksha Sharma (Comedian)
|Parents||Father- Ashok Chauhan
Mother- Geeta Chauhan
|Siblings||Brother- Yaman Chauhan (younger; photographer)
Sister- Surbhi Chauhan
|Comedian||Nitin Gupta (Rivaldo)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajat Chauhan
- Rajat Chauhan is a well known comic in the Indian comedy circuit who is known for his clean comedy (devoid of slurs and abuses) that is considered suitable for all age groups.
- His genre of comedy is observational and anecdotal. In an interview, when asked what was his source of humour, he said,
Mera source of humour hai observation. Jo bhi cheezan mere aas paas ho rahi hai main unhe thoda sa minutely observe karta hun jo aap [audience] shayad nahi karte. Aur kyunki shayad main ye itne saal se kar raha hun toh mera dekhne ka perpective esa ho gaya hai.”
- According to Rajat, he was a rebellious kid and loved to grab everyone’s attention during his school days. He was an average student who scored 74.5% in 10th standard and 75% in 12th standard.
- After completing his engineering, Rajat couldn’t find a job as there was a recession in the aviation industry. He started working in a research firm as an analyst in the operations department. According to him, although the environment of his firm was very stressful, he was able to make people laugh.
- In 2013, Rajat quit his job and shifted to Mumbai to try his hand at stand-up comedy due as his he did not find much opportunity in Delhi. According to him, he used to fail miserably at open mics at the beginning of his career, which made him quit stand-up for a couple of months.
- Rajat returned to Delhi in 2015 and took up a job at Hansa Research Group Pvt Ltd as the Project Executive, and at the same time, he started attending open mics in the evening.
- Rajat quit his job in 2017 to pursue a full-time career in stand-up comedy. Since then, he has been a regular performer at the Canvas Laugh Club (a famous comedy club) in Delhi and Mumbai.
- In an interview, when he was asked the reason behind his clean comedy (without using abusive language), he said,
Yr maine koi ye by choice nahi liya tha ki muje kabhi abusive content nahi dena . Main real life main corporate main kaam kar chuka hun aur main in general bhi gali nahi deta hun toh jo banda gali nahi deta toh uske content main generally gali nahi aati. Agar aap jin stand-up comic ko dekhte ho jo galliyan dete hai toh main aapko bataun ki unke tone main gali hai naki wo on purpose gali dete hai.”
- In 2019, Rajat toured almost all over India with his comedy special ‘Bachpan’ giving sold-out shows. The show is based on the experiences of kids born in the early ’90s.
- His wife, Akanksha Sharma, is also a comedian and a voice-over artist. She is the official Hindi voice of Shin-chan, a popular Japanese cartoon.
- In May 2019, Rajat was invited to give a speech at a TEDx event at The NorthCap University in Gurugram, Haryana.
- Rajat uploaded his first YouTube video titled ‘Ola Share ka Suffer’ in 2018; the video went viral making, him a YouTube sensation. As of 2021, he has more than 700k subscribers on his YouTube channel.