Sorabh Pant Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Iva Bagchi
Age: 39 Years
|Profession(s)||Comedian, Author, Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||N/A (Bald)|
|Date of Birth||14 September 1981 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|School||St. Mary's School (ISC), Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn||B.Com. (1997 - 2000)
M.Com. (2000 - 2002)
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Travelling|
|Controversy||Sorabh Pant is often trolled on social media and has received many death threats for his views on beef ban, Narendra Modi, and Salman Khan. Edexlive|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||12 February 2011 (Saturday)
|Wife/Spouse||Iva Bagchi (Writer)
|Children||Son- Vikramaditya Pant
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (retired Income Tax Commissioner)
Mother- Sujata Pant (retired Income Tax Commissioner)
Sister- Meghna Pant (Author, Journalist)
|Food||Jumbo King’s brown bread vada pao|
|Comedian(s)||Jaspal Bhatti, Johnny Lever, Jon Stewart|
|Books||• Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy By Douglas Adams
• Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell By Susanna Clarke
|Sportsperson(s)||Rahul Dravid, Saina Nehwal, Sushil Kumar|
|Musician||Kishore Kumar, Freddie Mercury|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sorabh Pant
- Sorabh Pant is a famous Indian stand-up comic. He is considered as one of the pioneers of Indian stand-up comedy along with his mentor Vir Das.
- He started as a TV writer, and he has written for shows on Pogo, Star World, CNBC, and ET Now. He worked with Vir Das on the show titled “News on The Loose”. When asked about his first stand-up comedy experience, he said,
Horrific! I was opening for Vir Das in Delhi and I was thrown into the deep end with 500 people in front of me. I was given an 11-minute slot, I finished it in four minutes and I spoke even faster than I usually do. It was an epic disaster. In fact, the first 11 shows I did were disasters!”
- Sorabh has opened for world-famous comedians Wayne Brady and Rob Schneider during their Indian tours. According to Wayne, Sorabh is the second brilliant Indian comedian after Russell Peters (a Canadian comedian of Indian descent).
- Sorabh did his first solo show ‘Pant on Fire’ in 2009. Since then, he has done 5 more specials titled ‘The Traveling Pants,’ ‘Making Money For My Kids,’ ‘Born on Mars,’ ‘My Dad Thinks He’s Funny,’ and ‘Make India Great Again.’ The last two were premiered on Amazon Prime Video in 2017 and 2018.
- The Times of India rated him as one of the top 10 Indian stand-up comics. In a poll by IBN Live in March 2012, he was listed no. 1 of the 30 most interesting Twitter users in India.
- In an interview, Sorabh mentioned that his first voter’s ID had his name as ‘Sulabh Pani.’ He also brought up a funny story as to why his mother named him Sorabh. He said,
My mother named me after the Persian legend of Rostam and Sohrab, where Rostam ends up stabbing his son Sohrab to death. Ever since that day, I’m keeping a distance from my father.”
- In an interview, while talking about his college days, he mentioned that he was the class clown. He said,
I’d dress up as a devil, go to juniors’ classes and promote events. I nearly got expelled thrice. Some people loved me, but the others hated me absolutely, exactly like the internet. So when I receive insults online, I am unshaken, because I’ve heard it all.”
- He has been associated with Black Dog Easy Evenings, a flagship events platform for luxury scotch Black Dog, performing almost all over India with them.
- As of 2020, he has done over 2000 shows in 100 cities across the globe, performed at 400+ corporate shows, and headlined at various colleges.
- Sorabh formed East India Comedy (EIC), a comedy collective, in 2012 and recruited India’s top stand-up comedians like Sapan Verma, Sahil Shah, Kunal Rao, Azeem Banatwalla, Angad Singh Ranyal, and Atul Khatri. The collective does YouTube videos, performs comedy shows and corporate events, organizes comedy workshops, and it is considered to be India’s busiest comedy company with a record 130 shows across the country in the calendar year 2013. Sorabh left EIC in 2017 to pursue his solo career.
- Sorabh has authored three books. His debut novel, ‘The Wednesday Soul,’ is a comical take on life after death. It was published in the year 2012 followed by ‘Under Delhi’ in 2014 and ‘Pawan: The Flying Accountant’ in 2017.
- Sorabh has a YouTube channel where he uploads his stand-up comedy videos, podcasts, and his interviews with fellow comedians and other celebrities. The channel has more than 3,50,000 subscribers.