Some Lesser Known Facts About Alison Doody
- Alison Doody is an Irish actress and model who is known for her role as Lady Scott in the Telugu film RRR in 2022.
- Before becoming an actor, Alison was approached by a photographer for modelling after which she started doing commercial modelling professionally. She always avoided doing nude scenes while modelling as well as during her acting career.
- She has appeared in various other Hollywood films including Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), The Actors (2003), We Still Kill the Old Way (2014), Brother (2016), and Division 19 (2017).
- She was featured in various television shows including Queenie (1987), The Storyteller (1989), Selling Hitler (1991), Waking the Dead (2007), and Beaver Falls (2011-2012).
- She has appeared on various television talk shows like Entertainment Tonight (2003), The Hollywood Greats (2006), Xposé (2008), and The Late Late Show (2009).
- When she was young, she appeared in commercial for various brands like Dr Pepper and L’Oreal.
- In 2003, she was featured in the documentary Indiana Jones: Making the Trilogy, and in 2004, she appeared in the documentary Happy Birthday Oscar Wilde.
- In 2019, she announced her entry into the Bollywood industry by playing the role of Lady Scott in the Telugu film RRR, which was released in 2022.
- She was titled the youngest girl who played the role of a Bond girl (a character who is a love interest or female companion of James Bond) in the film A View to a Kill in 1985.
- In 2016, in an interview, Alison revealed that she was depressed after she left acting to raise her daughters in 1994. She added,
I got so depressed at times. I was struggling not working. Once you have worked and you’re independent, it’s hard to give up that independence. It’s great being a mum, it’s fulfilling, but you need an outlet.”
- In an interview, she said that she was married to a wealthy man, but after many years of marriage, she realized that she was not happy and decided to divorce him. She further added,
I have had the great fortune of being able to go to wonderful places and do lots of shopping in places like Brown Thomas but that it is not what it is all about. I say it to my girls. It is not about wealth. You cannot buy happiness. And I know it is cliche to say it, I say it to my two children every single day, I would much rather them meet somebody who is going to look after them and mind them and be a friend to them and a great partner.”
- In 2018, she posted a picture on Instagram in which she was seen meeting Nelson Mandela.
- She is often spotted enjoying alcoholic beverages on various occasions.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of her vacations.
- Alison appeared on the cover of several international magazines.
- She is a travel enthusiast and often posts pictures from her vacations on social media.